- BSc Computer Science OR Relevant Bachelors Degree / Diploma / recognised qualification from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Relevant Certifications.
- 5 – 15 years experience within Java and with current Java versions.
- Knowledge of industry coding standards/guidelines & ability to adhere to coding standards.
- Understanding basic coding concepts like Code blocks, flow, IO, FileSystem, Serialization, Configuration, Self-commenting code, Data access.
- Understand coding concepts and constructs like lambdas, Idiomatic patterns and RegEx.
- Understanding of OOP.
- Understand the difference between solution architecture and design.
- Design principles and architectural and design patterns.
- Concepts such as IoC.
- SDLC Agile, Waterfall, etc.
- Knowledge of security concepts, tools and techniques.
- Ability to define quality in the context of software development.
- Be comfortable with looking into other languages (Stepping outside your core language comfort zone).
- Understanding the different areas that affect development i.e., DevOps, UX, Data, etc.
Tech Stack that may be used
- HTML / CSS / JS / Angular 2 or later / ReactJS
- Java including: Java SE / Java EE / Hibernate/ JPA / Spring
- JVM Languages: Kotlin / Groovy
- Build & Dependency Tools: Maven / Gradle
- Testing: JUnit / Selenium / Mockito / Cucumber
- Microservices: Spring Boot / Vert.X / Micronaut / Netflix OSS libraries
- Containerisation: Docker / Kubernetes / OpenShift
- Web Services and Networking: RESTful APIs / SOAP / HTTPS / GRPC / Protobuf
- Mobile: Android / IOS / Ionic / React Native / Cordova
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services / Azure / Google Cloud
- DevOps: Jenkins / Bamboo / Gitlab CI
- Have the desire to continuously learn and knowledge share.
- Able to delegate tasks and projects amongst the team.
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for people, teams, projects and the business as a whole.
- Comfortably engage at the executive level and is seen as an expert, as well as an advisor/coach to executive stakeholders.
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.