To provide excellent people customer service to all employees in the business through process compliance.
- Process leave on People Soft and follow-up on entries in comparison to daily registers
- Raise leave to be forfeited with employees in time
- Provide information to Line Managers from People Soft related to leave trends (Sick / Annual)
- Give guidance to Line in terms of policies and assist staff in resolving leave/absence related queries
- Capture FTE for the Distribution Centre (Foods, Transport and Equipment) for compilation of the Flash Report
- Capture hours worked from weekly registers for permanent staff and labour brokers
- Liaise with line managers and labour broker managers on site in connection with discrepancies on registers
- Reconcile spreadsheets to registers
- Ensure filing is maintained and all files are filed accurately in filing system for Payroll, Leave and Scheduling
- Collate and submit signed payroll information and documentation timeously for payroll run
- Check payroll master register for permanent staff in comparison to schedule submitted to ensure accurate capturing of hours for final payroll run
- Assist with resolving payroll queries
- Maintain HR notice boards
- Co-ordinate staff miscellaneous events (deaths, births)
- Arrange for business specific (Distribution Centre) inductions/orientations to take place (added as per Job Profile)
- Administration and assistance of general staff queries e.g. Retirement Fund Loans, Garnishees, Study Assistance, queries on benefits and policies
- Capture input for monthly reports (e.g. Employee Relations)
- Plan and manage workload effectively and meet deadlines as agreed by the business and with the Line Manager.
- Be an effective team player in order to deliver high quality standards and focus on attention to detail.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Assist with talent administration as and when required
- Adherence to company policies, procedures and legislation (e.g. OHASA and SHE programme) in line with corporate governance.
- Ensure a clean and safe environment by applying housekeeping principles
- Act in accordance with the Woolworths ValuesTechnical Competencies
- Sound understanding of HR Admin policies & benefits
- Good problem solving skills
- Sound planning and organising skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of the impact of own role on service delivery to internal and external customers
- Assertiveness, high energy and a positive approach
- Ability to work independently with sound decision-making ability within agreed levels of authority
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbal and written
- Ability to use own initiative and be proactive
- Efficient, accurate with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- Able to work flexible hours in line with the business requirements.
Finance and or Business
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse and interpret written and numerical documentation.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the business measures and targets relating to own role
- Demonstrates the ability to identify operational obstacles and opportunities and refer to DC management
- Continues to strive for a goal even in the face of adversity
- Customer Service mind-set
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
What theoretical knowledge (e.g. degree / diploma) does the job require?
- Literate (in English) and numerate to Grade 12 or Business Matric.
- Knowledge of relevant computer packages and ability to capture information and produce reports on these packages.
- Peoplesoft knowledge will be advantageous
What experience (e.g. previous exposure) does the job require?
- Any HR related experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a HR administrative role
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Payroll/Leave/Time and Attendance administration
Deliverables are not limited to the accountabilities specified in the job profile. These key accountabilities highlight the focus areas of the job. Specific and/or additional deliverables can be requested by management. The key responsibilities and accountabilities may change from time to time in response to changes in business strategy, operational requirements and shift rotation.
“As a proud South African brand, Woolworths is committed to transformation. Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions”
Note: If you have not had a response within 6 weeks of the closing date of this ad your application was unsuccessful.
CLOSING DATE: 27 MAY 2021
- HR Administration