The above-mentioned position is within the ICT Department.
- Provide thought leadership regarding the application of technology to resolve logistics and supply chain challenges (and efficiency improvements in general).
- Leadership and mentoring of development team.
- Interaction with Clients (internal and external) to analyse and specify requirements.
- Design and implementation of new solutions.
- Support and enhancement of existing solutions.
- Guidance and adherence to agile software development process.
- Coding standards and quality.
- Communicate this strategy by presenting and discussing current and future versions of the solution/s at a senior level.
- Keep abreast and be informed of changes in IT technology and market trends.
- Manage and oversee the roll-out of application and software development strategies and plans to internal clients.
- Ensure that application and software development addresses the needs of the clients.
- Create and present professional proposals and presentations that respond to client needs.
- Orchestrate internal resources and technology offerings to improve client service and from an IT technology service offering perspective, assisting the company to secure new business contracts.
- Embark on on-going improvement initiatives that will enhance business applications and their integration, resulting in efficiencies for the organization.
- Ensure synchronization between business applications, processes, user requirements and systems.
- Supervise and control the workflow of the application development area.
- Ensure the development and enhancement of IT systems and processes.
- Form part of IT Application Development Management Team and be jointly responsible for the setting of strategic objectives for IT business.
- Be responsible for client relationship management.
- In conjunction with the other Application leads and the Application Development Manager, create strategic goals and ensure that it is converted into easily implemented plans.
- Lead overall strategy and direction for the application development teams in Web, GUI and Mobile.
- With the input from Heads of Development and the Solutions Architect be responsible for the technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing technology, current
- information systems, staffing and research new solutions and technologies in order to make
- informed recommend and/or to initiate the changes.
- Bridge the silos/disconnect between the various development teams and ensure a decrease and eventually the elimination of the occurrence of fragmented application development.
- Ensure adherence to the software development life cycle, protocols and compliance in terms of good practice.
- Oversee and direct the development and implementation of software applications.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of technology products and services to the client.
- Oversee current system enhancements; and,
- Oversee the management of internal/external application upgrades and ensure that it is in line with the departmental and broader business strategy.
- Willingness to be on standby after hours as per job requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- B.Sc. or B.Com degree with Computer Science / Information Technology Management Degree
- A relevant Master’s Degree / MBA will be advantageous
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Minimum 7 years professional software development experience
- Solid experience in leading application web, GUI and mobile developers
- It’s important that you have Project Management experience or understanding that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of project management and Scrum methodologies and practices as well as knowledge of current business landscapes (politically, operational and commercial astute).
- Financial acumen, the ability to keep abreast with current technology, proven ability to think strategically and the ability to solve problems with ease should be among your skills.
- You will require the ability to foster teamwork and you will need to have a good track record and influencing relationships.
- Excellent leadership and network skills, managing and developing yourself and strong communication and influencing skills will see you flourish in this role
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- HTML5 / mobile technologies
- Workflow/Business Process
- [URL Removed] Frameworks
- Microsoft Web stack(MVC , C#, VB.net, razor , IIS , ASP.net, WCF/Web services, Web API)
- Experience in applying test driven development and software engineering best practices.
- Mobile applications development (iOS, Mono, Android) would be advantageous.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
- Analytical thinking
- Drives accountability and is a high performer
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Business acumen
- Develops self
- Strong attention to detail and proactive attitude
- Ability to package and present analysis with recommendations to management and executive teams
- Shows initiative and ability to work independently
- Abstract thinking and conceptual problem solving
- Ability to frame problems and develop solutions aligned to strategic objectives
- Ability to work in complex, changing environments
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize
- Excellent time management skills in order to manage requirements regarding deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn new systems
- Client focused thinking
Equity Statement: We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally. It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.
“Preference will be given to suitably qualified individuals from previously disadvantaged groups in South Africa.