- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering/related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a Software Engineer, Developer or Programmer.
- Experience with Source/Version control management (e.g., GitLab, Git).
- Working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience designing and developing software applications from scratch.
- Ability to document, diagram and verbally describe the application architecture and design.
- A developer who is able to plan, design and implement code with an understanding of how changes affect the system – not someone who blindly follows a set of requirements.
Preferred but not essential
- Experience or a working knowledge of a Linux development environment, preferably RHEL will be very advantageous.
- Designing and/or implementing high-performance, highly available and horizontally scalable software.
- Full stack development.
- Software profiling and optimization.
- Database schema design, optimization and tuning.
- Experience with online transaction processing and or online analytical processing.
- UX/UI design.
- API and Interface design.
- Experience with any of the following software and technologies: SQL, Linux, Swagger/ OpenAPI, HTTP, REST, Docker, Kubernetes, KNative, Spring Framework, Gradle, Maven, Ansible, MySQL / MariaDB and Node.js.
The companys tech stack below – You will be expected to learn any relevant technology that you may not already be familiar with (as required for your specific role):Back End: Java, OpenJDK, Docker, Spring FrameworkFront End: HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, [URL Removed] [URL Removed] [URL Removed] [URL Removed] Languages: Python, BashDatabases: MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDBBuild Tools: GradleVersion Control: Git, GitlabProtocols: REST, JSON-RPC, XML-RPC, SOAPOperating System: LinuxOther Tools: Gitlab-CI, AsciiDoc, AnsibleATTRIBUTES:
- Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated, self-starter, who can work as part of a productive, fast-paced team.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.