A Receptionist vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium’s Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) in Soweto, Johannesburg – Gauteng.
The Perinatal HIV Research Unit (PHRU) was established in 1996. The Perinatal HIV Research Unit has been involved in research, training, policy formation, and advocacy in issues concerning HIV-positive women and their children.
In recent years the work of the unit has expanded beyond the original focus of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, to include treatment trials in adults and children, prevention research, psychosocial research, and policy development. In addition, the Unit has developed an HIV vaccine clinical trials unit (HVCTU) and started with HIV Vaccine Trials back in 2001.
The unit is recognized nationally and internationally as a leader in the field of research and policy in the area of mother-to-child transmission of HIV. It has also developed a reputation as a leading African research unit for clinical trials in adults and children with HIV, with one of the largest cohorts
Main purpose of the job
- To operate the switchboard to enable the prompt professional link to required parties within the organization and to receive customers or employees, determine their needs, and direct them accordingly
Key performance areas
- Welcome and greet visitors, log them in and out of the facility, assign them security badges and contact the relevant employee escort
- Direct employee visitors from the various syndicates scheduled for meetings, training and/or induction to the appropriate venue(s)
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, provide information, transfer calls and/or take messages as necessary
- Relay and divert calls to the appropriate staff members
- Relay and route written and verbal messages
- Facilitate the issuing of car keys to the drivers on a daily basis
- Keep a record of all drivers logbooks on a daily basis and monthly petrol slips/mileage reconciliation
- Ensure that the Reception area is clean and presentable at all times
- Keep accurate and up to date records of staff calls
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries and distribute them to the correct recipient
- Manage requests for courier services and record way bills appropriately, ensuring waybill supplies are sufficiently stocked
- Perform miscellaneous clerical and other administrative duties as required
- Preparation and tracking of purchase orders
- Loading invoices on a P2P system
- Assist the procurement team with procurement and payment system from quotation to receipt of service/product
Required minimum education and training
- Grade 12
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as a Receptionist/Switchboard operator
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities
- Computer literate competent in MS Office
- A dynamic and compatible personality able to deal with customers at all levels
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt fast
- High level of customer centricity
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experienceas mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 24 May 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund