You will take ownership and make critical decisions on how to implement the most appropriate solution based on business knowledge and technical understanding of insurance products and their calculations.
Are you a bright actuarial mind that wants to be closer to the business than to algorithms and pure Actuarial Science? Are you reconsidering your further exemptions and fellowships? We have an opportunity for you to innovate and help us in solving problems in some of our Legacy Solutions in Life Insurance with a focus on innovation and improvement
Experience and Qualifications:
- A matric/Grade 12 (results required especially for mathematics and science)
- A degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or any other applicable field (results required)
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the Life Insurance Industry, or with Business Systems Analysis, Systems Analysis or Business Analysis experience.
What youll need:
- Strong analytical skills to span the need for the blend of IT and Ac-Sci ranging from business analysis, requirements elicitation and documentation, process Modelling, running JAD sessions, delighting stakeholders and systems analysis.
- Ownership of testing function from creating System, Integration and User Acceptance test packs, managing and coordinating testing teams.
- A strong consulting flair will help you to run and communicate all reporting, daily status update, managing your own projects and delivering against stakeholder & client expectations.
- You will apply design and systems thinking with process Innovation and Improvement, designing the To-Be Processes, documenting the processes on Functional Specification and Visual Designs.
Responsibilities and work output:
- Analysing business requirements in order to propose the best possible system solutions.
- Liaising with Actuaries to understand products and calculations.
- Investigating calculation errors and Process failures on system.
- Writing functional specifications on product processes or calculations.
- Developing testing tools in Excel, VB, Python or other.
- Testing product processes and calculations.
- Liaising with programmers to resolve system issues.
- Investigating data reports to identify potential data and system errors.
- Managing own performance and development.
- Ensuring effective and consistent service delivery and support to both internal and external clients in line with the Company Values and Treating Customers Fairly Principles.
- Living the company values namely: Accountability, Diversity, Excellence, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Decision making
- Very strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Initiate action
- Deliver results
- Effective communication