12 MONTHSFIXED TERM CONTRACT
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To assist with providing legal advice and opinions, vetting agreements and business coordination requirements, identifying regulatory risks, assessing controls and conducting monitoring reviews.
- To ensure that compliance risks identified during the risk identification stages and monitoring reviews, that remedial actions are tracked until completion and mitigation of risks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Legal Degree and / or equivalent
- 2-4 years experience as a Legal Advisor / Compliance Officer in the short and long-term insurance industry.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Legal Advisory Services
- Provide legal advice and legal opinions to business on proposed business arrangements;
- Once a business arrangement is approved, provide legal advice regarding structure and contracts in line with legislative requirements.
- Review, draft and/or vet contracts / agreements as and when required.
Assist with Legal Recoveries
- Conduct monitoring reviews on policies and agree on recommended remedial actions with business
- Conduct reviews on AML/CFT (FICA) reporting obligations to the Financial Intelligence Centre (FIC)
- Assist with Governance and coordination requirements of policy reviews, updating the Policy Register, coordinating with Company Secretarial regarding;
- Assist with Business Coordination within the Public Officer’s office in terms of Documentation, collation and tracking submissions thereof;
- Assist the Public Officer’s office with tracking and collating statutory Returns and submissions; and
- Assist the Public Officer’s office in terms of business, legal and governance matters on an ad-hoc basis as and when required
- Assist with Compliance and Risk Management Plans (CRMPs) on the new and updated key legislation and update the Regulatory Universe;
- Update Compliance registers and findings log and follow up on outstanding items with the relevant teams;
- Assist the Compliance function in terms of business, legal and governance matters on an ad-hoc basis as and when required.
- Provide inputs to the Regulatory Universe.
- Assurance and Monitoring
- Compliance Training
- Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of risk management framework
- Knowledge / Experience of compliance systems / tools
- Knowledge of Compliance related legislation
- Knowledge of Business and Legal Principles and Interpretation
- Interpretation of statutes/ law.
- Travel as and when required.
- Extended hours as and when required.
- Risk Management
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level: