Purpose of the Job:
- To manage projects to meet identified business needs, acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality.
- The ideal Project Manager must have some experience on integration between a Store System and a backend merchandising system.
- 5-8 years Project Management in relevant area
- Experience in Retail FMCG (including Customer Journeys such as Endless Aisle, Digital receipts, Queue Busting, BYOD, QSRHospitality and Self Checkouts)
- Proven Track Record on Large Scale Projects Implementations i.e. SAP or POS Programmes
- Proven track record of experience in rollouts with large number of stores across the African continent (including South Africa) – desirable
- Highly desirable would be: POS integration project experience with knowledge around CAR (Customer activity Repository) and SAP Hana.
- 1. Project initiation Project charter
- 2. Project planning Project management plan including: o Project schedule o Project budget o Project quality plan o Risk management plan
- 3. Monitoring and controlling of project execution: o Project progress minutes including issue log, decision log and risk log o Project status reports o Project steering committee presentation
- 4. Project close close out presentation, reports and handover
- Computer Science or Information Systems Degree/ Diploma.
- Qualification in Project Management PMP or Prince2
- Strong experience in Projects and Project deliverables
- Has detailed practical knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and techniques with in depth knowledge of at least one methodology such as Agile.
- Good knowledge of the Retail business environment
- Non RSA/ Africa Fiscal Legislation knowledge
- RSA VAT/ Fiscal Legislation knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines/milestones
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of using project tools
- Ability to manage business expectations.
- Ability to coach and mentor teammates.
- Change management