A South African-based financial services group, offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth, and investment management, as well as bancassurance is on the lookout for a Big Data Developer,
The incumbent will be responsible for developing features, ongoing support and administration, and documentation for the service. The platform provides a messaging queue and a blueprint for integrating with existing upstream and downstream technology solutions.
- Diploma/ BSc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent
- Development and deployment of data applications
- Design & Implementation of infrastructure tooling and work on horizontal frameworks and libraries
- Creation of data ingestion pipelines between legacy data warehouses and the big data stack
- Automation of application back-end workflows
- Building and maintaining backend services created by multiple services framework
- Maintain and enhance applications backed by Big Data computation applications
- Be eager to learn new approaches and technologies
- Worked on Big Data platforms (Vanilla Hadoop, Cloudera or Hortonworks)
- Experience with Scala or other functional languages (Haskell, Clojure, Kotlin, Clean)
- Experience with some of the following Apache Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig, Oozie, ZooKeeper, MongoDB, CouchbaseDB, Impala, Kudu, Linux, Bash, version control tools, continuous integration tools
Reference Number for this position is NN53139 which is on a contract position that is remote offering a rate of up to R500 per hour. Contact Nigel on [Email Address Removed] or call him on [Phone Number Removed]; to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website [URL Removed] for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level: