Statistical Actuarial Analyst – Analysing healthcare data!
The successful candidate will be required to assist senior staff with the analysis and manipulation of healthcare data, interpretation of results and building analytical and statistical models in the team.
The Position: We’re looking for a vibrant Statistical Actuarial Analyst to be based permanently in Cape Town. The pay range on offer is R20 000.00 to R30 000.00 Per Month.
How to Apply:
For your application to be considered, please email your CV along with your Academic Record / Statement of Results to Tatum Martin on [Email Address Removed] – only candidates with suitable experience will be contacted.
- Completed Matric – essential
- Completed Degree Actuarial Science Degree – essential
- Must be pursing Actuarial Fellowship – essential
- Must reside in Cape Town – essential
- Must be a team player
- Must be dedicated and hard working
- Own reliable transport a must have
- Assisting senior staff with the analysis of healthcare data, data manipulation, visualization and preparation of results and insights
- Assisting with the development of methodologies and data products for implementation by the business
- Investigating different scenarios to understand trends in data
- Interpretation of results and findings
- Developing and maintaining statistical or artificial intelligence models
- Implementing flexible data handling and reporting solutions using a variety of software platforms
- Technically inclined – eager for coding work (SAS, SQL, R, Python)
- Advanced spreadsheet and data handling skills (Excel / Macros)
- Practical knowledge of data manipulation / predictive analytics / operations research / optimization
- Experience or demonstratable knowledge of at least one statistical language (R, Python)
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- A practical understanding of clinical groupers and risk adjustment techniques
Why Should You Apply?
- Work in an established environment where you will develop under the mentorship of a strong and experienced actuarial team and benefit from the advantages of working on a variety of initiatives in a multi-disciplinary environment
Work references, criminal checks and qualification checks will be done on the successful candidate.
We will reply on applications that get shortlisted only. Therefore, please deem your application as unsuccessful if you have not received feedback after 7 days.
- Actuarial Analyst
- Actuarial science
- Statistical Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Data Manipulation
- Interpreting Data
- Advanced Excel
- Analytical Techniques
Desired Work Experience:
- 1 to 2 years
Desired Qualification Level: