- Relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer/Engineering Sciences and/ or at least 3 years relevant experience as a Developer as part of a team in a Software Development environment.
- 2-3 Years relevant experience as an Intermediary Back-end Developer as part of a team in a Software Development environment.
- Strong knowledge of Java is essential.
- Experience with team development tools: Use of source control applications (preferably GIT); Use of a UML tool for documentation.
- Ability to work in a team environment: Follow mentorship/provide team leader mentorship, collaborate on a common (UML) design model.
- A good understanding of the SDLC process, tools and techniques specifically as applied to Software Development methodology.
- Ability to deliver production quality software by e.g., paying attention to detail, do extensive unit testing and support quality testing phases.
- Experience of the following technologies:
- JEE (J2EE) server-side technologies.
- Spring framework (preferable).
- JPA /Hibernate.
- Experience with an application server (IBM WebSphere – preferable).
- Integration experience (Web/RESTful services, JMS).
- JAXB and XML Schema.
- SQL and experience with a relational database (i.e., Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2).
- Business process/workflow layers e.g., JBPM, BPEL (Activiti).
- Rules engines (e.g. Drools).
- Design patterns (Object Oriented, SOLID, GRASP).
- Continuous integration (i.e., Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker).
- Self-starter, team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.