- Support existing and develop new functionality and components.
- Understand existing product and domain elements and work with Business Analysts to refine and implement new requirements.
- Refactor and improve the code to keep the product maintainable and adaptable to new requirements.
- Evaluate and improve application performance, and high availability features.
- Create unit and integrated system tests to show that the developed functionality works as intended.
- Create technical documentation that explains how the various components of the system work and how to use them.
- Do root cause analysis on bugs to find and fix the cause of a problem in an integrated system.
- Build and deploy the system on an application server.
- Create and execute Functional Test scenarios (Dev Testing).
- Work effectively in a team environment, actively collaborating to improve software development processes and standards.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer/Engineering Sciences and/ or at least 3 years relevant experience as a Developer as part of a team in a Software Development environment.
- 2-3 Years relevant experience as a Senior Back-end Developer in a multi-tiered Java application development.
- A strong knowledge of Java is essential.
- JEE (J2EE) server-side technologies, SOAP and Services.
- Spring framework (preferable).
- JPA /Hibernate.
- Experience with an application server (IBM WebSphere – preferable).
- Integration experience (Web/RESTful services, JMS).
- JAXB and XML Schema.
- SQL and experience with a relational database (i.e., Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, DB2).
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate on a common (UML) design model.
- Experience with team development tools: Use of source control applications (preferably GIT); Use of a UML tool for documentation.
- A thorough understanding of SDLC processes, tools and techniques.
- Ability to deliver production quality software by e.g., paying attention to detail, do extensive unit testing and support quality testing phases.
Knowledge and experience of the following would be a plus:
- Business process/workflow layers e.g., JBPM, BPEL (Activiti).
- Rules engines (i.e. Drools).
- Design patterns (Object Oriented, SOLID, GRASP).
- Continuous integration tools (i.e., Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker).
- Self-starter, self-motivated, team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.