Our client makes online commerce and digital payment acceptance easier and moreaccessible across all Africa. Based in Cape Town, South Africa, they work with small and large merchants to provide a complete toolkit to accept, manage and disburse payments through web and mobile applications.
Ideal candidates look like:
- Someone with at least 6 years’ experience programming in Python.
- Strong experience with best practices and a sound understanding of what makes
- The ability to work collaboratively in an ever-changing remote friendly environment.
Nice to haves:
- BSc Computer Science, technical tertiary qualification or significant work experience. Experience with AWS infrastructure, specifically AWS Lambda’s
- Work alongside the team and be a part of the full software development life cycle.
- Building features for our 4 user groups, Merchants, Customers, Developers and Internal
- Working on business projects, internal tech projects, changes to various systems and
navigating unplanned work.
- Work alongside the team to create quality code through peer reviews, maintaining
internal and external documentation and identifying and addressing technical debt.
- Help the team build up healthy development habits like TDD, Refactoring, being Agile,
finding the right tool/technology for the job.
- Frontend: react: React, :angular: Angular, :typescript: TypeScript.
- Backend: :python: Python, :nodejs: Node, PHP.
- Data: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Infra: AWS Lambda’s, Serverless, S3, EC2, API Gateway, [URL Removed] Jira, Confluence, Git, Postman.
- Automation: Gitlab pipelines, CI/CD, Terraform.
What sort of things are coming up on our roadmap:
- Taking our SSO integration to the next level
- Building a single view of our customers using modern data science techniques.
- Building a seamless integration for our merchants
- Expanding our offering to more African countries
- Expanding our payment options