We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist to help us develop and implement our Business Intelligence systems.
BI Speciallist responsibilities include analyzing acquired data, evaluating existing systems and testing new ones. If you have a background in Computer Science and experience with analytics tools like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Pyramid we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help us turn data into knowledge using predictive and analytics solutions.
- Perform data analysis, extracts and reporting from the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Test, implement and document BI systems
- Evaluate existing data-collecting and analytics systems
- Analyze big data to discover trends and patterns
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications
- Establish procedures for data sharing with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure we use accurate and secure methods to extract data
- Use data visualization techniques to present information
- Drive insight derived from data exploration to the business
- Experience as a BI Consultant, Data Scientist or similar role
- Familiarity with our industry is a plus
- Experience with data mining
- BI and Data Warehousing background and experience (min 3 years)
- Experience using business intelligence tools (like Tableau, Microsoft BI Power, Pyramid)
- Knowledge and experience on OBIEE (Oracle) and advantage
- Strong skills in statistics and reporting
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Stat or relevant field
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent analytical and problem -solving skills
- Multi-tasking with the ability to focus and attend to multiple things
- Performa at high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- To be self-motivated, well organised and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong organizational abilities
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.