The Role: Our client is looking for an excellent Front End Developer that can develop systems solutions in line with the quality and delivery requirements, propose review system design and evaluate alternatives and also ensure that all process have been investigated/ considered in obtaining the specifications of the user requirements.Essential functions:Projects:
- Rapidly experiment with multiple solutions
- Implement pixel perfect UI designs
- Implement re-usable HTML and JS logic
- Ensure all code is readable, extendable, and scalable
- Ensure that stylesheets are maintained and adaptedwhere necessary.
- Ensure that all implementations can be passed overto other developers, mid development, with minimum of handover.
- Polish frontend behavior to ensure a great userexperience.
- Ensure that the small unseen details of a client-side application is of exceptional quality.
- Ensure that all processes have been investigated /considered in obtaining the specifications of theuser requirements
- Propose and review system design and evaluatealternatives.
- Review and present proposed system solution to ITProject Manager / Leader and User Management orSystem owner.
- Develop systems solutions in line with quality anddelivery requirements
Ensure that the following steps in the Development
Cycle are executed:
- Preparation of system/technical documentation (asper ISO standards)
- Preparation of user and operation manual
- User training
- System testing/parallel run
- System implementation
- System audits/quality assurance
- Review and present proposed system solution toUser Organization.
- Ensure that the following steps in the DevelopmentCycle are executed:
- Preparation of system/technical documentation.
- Preparation of user and operation manual.
- User training.
- System testing/parallel runs.
- System implementation.
- System audits/quality assurance.
- User sign-off
Skills and Experience: Essential Qualification:
- Qualification in IT Business Analysis (Diploma / Degree)
- >5 years in software development
- Experience in testing (manual or automated testing
- Web and digital project experience advantageous
- Agile working experience advantageous
Key Accountabilities: Functional skills:
- Understanding of integration between differenttechnologies
- Coordination between development and supportenvironments
- Assisting with the business case
- Planning and monitoring
- Eliciting requirements
- Requirement??s organization
- Translating and simplifying requirements
- Requirements management and communication
- Requirement??s analysis
- Document requirements in appropriate formatdepending on methodology followed
- Assist with identification and management of risks
Technical Skills:Frontend Technologies:
- Angular 5+
- HTML 5
- AJAX & REST
- JSON & XML
- Azure, AWS or Openshift (beneficial)
- At least one Relational Database experience(POSTGRES, SQL) (beneficial and optional)
- At least one Document Database experience(MONGO, ELASTIC) (beneficial and optional)
- Mobile Development Experience (beneficial andoptional)
- JAVA (beneficial and optional)
- Micro Service Development (beneficial and optional)
Personality and Attributes: Soft skills:
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work interdependently as well asindependently and to submit deliverables on timeand with excellent quality
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills withthe ability to communicate effectively (both verballyand in writing) with both technical and non-technicalcolleagues / users
- Strong ability to understand and interpret businessneeds and requirements with an aptitude to moveconcepts through to proposal and successfulimplementation
- Strong presentation skills
- Above-board work ethics
- Flexibility to take up different tasks in the project
- Ability and willingness to coach and give training tofellow colleagues and users when required
- Willing and able to travel internationally