ENVIRONMENT:JOIN a leading & highly rated Stockbroking team of a fast-paced provider of cutting-edge Financial Solutions in Tokai seeking to fill the critical role of a Quantitative Developer whos passionate about analysis and development. Your role will entail the design, testing & build of financial models in the areas of Quantitative Analysis and Software Development Arena with a focus on providing value-add, thought-provoking analysis. The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor of Actuarial Science/Statistical Science/Mathematics, or Finance or equivalent discipline, 3-6 years relevant work experience, have worked mainly within Object Orientated Application Environments, produced complex program specifications and implement system enhancements, understand market data and knows when to question the validity of information and queries the JSE or Bloomberg & your toolset should include C#, MATLAB, R, MS SQL & MySQL, Java, .Net and Excel/Outlook Add in [URL Removed] for designing, testing and building financial models.
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s), such as Bachelor of Actuarial Science, Statistical Science, Mathematics, or Finance.
- 3-6 Years relevant work experience.
- Working mainly within Object Orientated Application Environments designs, codes, tests, debugs and corrects programs in development in OO environments.
- Provide support and maintenance of computer systems.
- Produce complex program specifications and implement system enhancements.
- Work within a strict framework of programming standards and may give input into programming standards and applies Main Frame, Desktop and Embedded Technologies.
- Deliver results with IT development language and types such as Java and C++.
- Understanding the fundamental theory behind financial models.
- Understand the underlying methodologies and philosophies behind the data, math, and implementations.
- Define the validity of the information and works with the data steward to ensure that the information used is in compliance with the regulatory and security policies.
- Understand market data and knows when to question the validity of information and queries the JSE or Bloomberg.
- Great analytical skills.
- C# Microsoft technology stack and services
- MS SQL and MySQL databases
- Excel/Outlook Add in applications
- Willing to make use of the best tool for the job, be it another language or technology.
- Self-management skills.
- The ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Able to work under pressure.
- You are a great communicator.
- Work well as part of a team.
- You continually learn and grow your skills.
- You enjoy innovation.
- You have an eye for detail.
- You love coding and take pride in your work.
- You are committed to quality and have a thorough approach to work.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.