Scrum Master (Parvana)
About the Client:
- Our client is an international highly successful software development house with a niche focus on the telecommunications and payment gateway sector.
With almost 20 years of track record, this company is well recognised as a discerning employer. Their training and mentorship program is unsurpassed. Most staff will be highly qualified academically however all will be collaborative, have an Agile mind-set and all enjoying learning new things.
Continuous improvement is a way of life which is reflected in a flat organisational organogram where each employee is encouraged to come up with new solutions.
Each person is encouraged to work on their strengths and for those that are ambitious, this is the best organisation to fast track your way up the career ladder. Equally those that enjoy routine are encouraged and supported to be subject matter experts within their chosen skill set.
- Using Agile / Scrum principles to guide and focus the teams on achieving deliverables.
- Ability to coach multiple teams to reach their highest potential and deadlines.
- Participating in Agile Ceremonies, ensuring Agile processes are followed, provide feedback to delivery teams and focus the teams on agreed sprint goals.
- High velocity communicator making sure that all information regarding changes in scope, delays and other issues are communicated to key stakeholders.
- Driving improvements that are generated by Agile retrospectives.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame and problem solving.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Providing the team with support and guidance to be self-organised.
- Developing self and supporting others’ development to achieve full potential.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning or dictating the work.
- Shielding the team from external interference and removing impediments.
- Organizing and executing software team training, mentoring and Agile Sprint ceremonies.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Degree / Qualification is recommended.
- Scrum certification beneficial.
Skills / Experience:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years Scrum Master experience.
- Lead multiple Agile teams on Agile methodologies with knowledge of embedded SDLC processes.
- Knowledge of Agile tools, such as the Atlassian tools.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum and Kanban.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Good coaching skills.
- Ability to coach teams from a traditional methodology into the use of Agile.
- Demonstrates strong accountability.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the team needs.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
To apply use the application tool above or send us an email to [Email Address Removed]