Our JSE listed client in the financial industry is looking for a Senior BI Developer to be based in Sandton.
- Translate business requirements into technical designs adhering to Company processes, standards, and guidelines, taking cognisance of performance, security and scalability requirements. Deliver within agreed timeframes.
- Liaise with relevant parties where clarification of business requirements or resolution to technical issues is needed
- Research and find effective solutions to technical issues that arise
- Estimate development timelines based on business requirements
- Construct robust, maintainable, scalable, optimally performing system code in line with technical specifications, following prescribed process, standards, and procedures. Deliver within agreed timeframes
- Conduct unit testing and fix any defects found
- Verify build stability and quality with development team before releasing to test team, aiming to release with zero defects
- Assist the Business analyst in ensuring the test pack includes relevant scenarios and test data.
- Consult and assist in reviewing risk / impact of defects found in testing, and assist with fixing where necessary
- Assist system users with technical support issues and handle according to defined procedures
Experience and requirements
- Completed IT/BSc degree required
- 5 years BI Development experience
- T-SQL, ETL and SSIS experience
- Working knowledge of Software development within SDLC
- Unit Testing
- Data modelling and design of database structures
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote however candidates should be residing within the traveling distance as circumstance of the opportunity can change.
- Data modelling