Cyber Security Engineer (Senior) (Parvana)
About the Client:
- Our client is an international highly successful software development house with a niche focus on the telecommunications and payment gateway sector.
With almost 20 years of track record, this company is well recognised as a discerning employer. Their training and mentorship program is unsurpassed. Most staff will be highly qualified academically however all will be collaborative, have an Agile mind-set and all enjoying learning new things.
Continuous improvement is a way of life which is reflected in a flat organisational organogram where each employee is encouraged to come up with new solutions.
Each person is encouraged to work on their strengths and for those that are ambitious, this is the best organisation to fast track your way up the career ladder. Equally those that enjoy routine are encouraged and supported to be subject matter experts within their chosen skill set.
- Safeguarding information system assets.
- Protecting systems by defining access privileges, control structures and resources.
- Recognising problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting violations.
- Implementing security improvements.
- Determining security violations and inefficiencies.
- Upgrading systems by implementing and maintaining security controls.
- Keeping users informed by preparing performance reports.
- Maintaining quality service by following organization standards.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Providing operational information technology security and maintenance support.
- Conducting vulnerability scans and risk assessments.
- Performing day to day operations, management and administration.
- Reviewing and fine-tuning intrusion detection / prevention system and firewall logs.
- Managing cyber security audits and third party penetration tests.
- Coordinating the handling / resolution of security incidents.
- Providing analytical and technical support to team members and business areas.
- Developing technologies to automate security monitoring.
- Testing highly-available distributed systems.
- Mentoring other junior team members.
- Relevant degree, Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
- Advanced certifications such as SANS GIAC/GCIA/GCIH, CISSP or CASP and/or SIEM-specific training and certification would be advantages.
Skills / Experience:
- 6+ years of prior relevant experience
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports / protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
- Experienced in analyzing high volumes of logs, network data and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Experience with vulnerability scanning solutions
- Familiarity with the DOD Information Assurance Vulnerability Management program.
- Proficient with full packet capturing technologies, host-based and network forensics.
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk)
- Experience with EDR technologies
- Understanding of mobile technology and OS (i.e. Android, iOS, Windows)
- Experience in the following:
- System & network administration (Windows, Linux & hypervisors such as VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Network security | Information security policies
- Network troubleshooting | Firewall administration
- Network protocols | Routers, hubs and switches | Process improvement
To apply use the application tool above or send us an email to [Email Address Removed]