To evaluate and suggest new IT business practices to optimise systems within the existing operational / functional unit taking cognisance of congruencies (compatibility). Works closely with the D&IT team and the rest of the Imperial business to gain an in-depth understanding of business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. Reviews assigned business processes from end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency.
Key performance areas
- Responsible for the systematic and methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of all or part of a business area in terms of business functions and processes, and the information they use across applications.
- Manages the applications that integrate across business areas.
- Identifies and examines business needs and determines timely and effective solutions to business functions and processes.
- Provide expertise in assessing the gap between the current state and desired future direction and established effective ways for closing the gap in own area of accountability. Provide advice to prevent and reduce financial wastage in the relevant business area.
- Acts as a bridge between the business and the D&IT development teams:
- Evaluates and documents the underlying business architecture and conducts feasibility studies, business cases, risk assessments, writes proposals
- Create functional requirements for new applications and major changes to existing applications made possible by information and communication technology.
- Comprehensive documentation of Test Plans and coordination of testing effort, including the design the test approach, methodology and success criteria for business improvement solutions.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during QA process where applicable, or assist with testing.
- Document implementation plan and ensure successful implementation. o Conduct post implementation review.
- Obtain, analyse and report on business performance and identify initiatives that will improve business results.
- Provide value-added practice improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on organisational objectives.
- Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level: o focus on quality improvement and data management; o ensure data is reliable and valid;
- develop process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; o integrate new systems and processes with existing ones;
- partner with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies.
- provide project level analysis – produce required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan).
- Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements.
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders that contributes to a culture of customer service excellence.
- Obtain and analyse client related information to identify practice optimisation initiatives.
- Provide advice and give input to the service delivery excellence practice optimisation.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities.
- Drive and participate in forums that positively contribute to functional knowledge improvement.
- Own and live up to the company values.
- Bachelor Degree
- Advantageous: Business Analysis or Product owner qualification from accredited institution
? Up to 5 years of experience in a similar environment, with at least 2 years senior specialist experience
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Writing and Reporting
- Creating and Innovating
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Learning and Researching
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Planning and Organising
- In-depth knowledge and application in business consulting
- Understand and apply commercial concepts
- Ability to work with development team and related tools in agile environment
- Knowledge and ability to analyse business requirements to be met by IT solutions
- Business Analyst
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years