DevOps Engineer Role
6 month contract
We are looking for someone who is not afraid to take the road less travelled in creativity and innovation. Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer with 6+ years’ experience to join our existing team in a broad and wide-ranged technology environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years IT operations, Metrics collection, aggregation, and visualization
experience (ElasticSearch, Splunk, Sentry, Xymon, ServiceNow etc.).
- Minimum 2 years of software development/coding experience (Angular, NodeJS, ExpressJS, Java etc).
- CI/CD – Deployment pipeline with Linux/Unix OS and DevSecOps tools experience (Gitlab, RedHat Linux, Ubuntu, DAST, SAST, OWASP).
- Experience with DevOps container/orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker-Swarm, Docker, OpenShift) is a MUST.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Bash or Ruby.
- Deep knowledge of Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Knowledge with Application or Network Load-balancers such as F5, Traefik, HAProxy. AWS ALB/ELB.
- A keen interest in new open source technologies.
- Experience with Identity Access Management (IAM – AWS/Aveksa/Azure), Identity Federation / SSO, OID/Active Directory.
- Experience with Threat and Vulnerability Detection & Remediation.
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum.
- Works closely with the Platform Specialists to receive detailed business / user requirement specifications that identify the goal of the program.
- Designs DevSecOps pipelines and converts designs into a complete information systems CI/CD solution.
- Mitigate all security vulnerabilities found in environments and propose remediation plans.
- Ensure that workloads follow security and governance standards across the CI/CD pipelines.
- Implements and supports all the code sets and implementations that have been implemented in production and disaster recovery.
- Examines the program errors in logic, data and makes the necessary recommendations to correct the program if required and if necessary.
- Analyses the business requirements and ensure that the designed solution meets these requirements.
- Provides architecture & systems engineering consulting to other IT and business teams
- Fit for business purpose mind-set, i.e. the solutions provided must meet the business goals.
- Create and maintain productive relationships with internal and external clients by providing advice and assistance.
- Facilitate Proof of Concept (POC) and Proof of Technology (POT) engagements.
- Align enhancements with Enterprise architecture roadmap.
Desired Qualification Level: