Responsible for the performance, integrity, security, maintenance and support of all the Company databases. You’ll be involved in the planning and development of the databases, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the MI and BI Teams.
- Responsible for the design, development, installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of complex database environments.
- Participates in the design and creation of complex databases.
- Responsible for quality control and auditing of databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Works with management to develop database strategies to support company needs.
- Consults with and advises users on access to various databases.
- Works directly with users to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
- Directs the maintenance and use of the corporate data dictionary.
- Establishes physical database parameters
- Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to database management system or directs others in coding database descriptions.
- Manage and maintain the entire T-SQL environment (servers, databases & tables)
- Initiate and manage technical projects on Live and Test environment
- Successfully trouble shoot problems on Live and Test environment
- Identify potential problems and risks and recommend permanent solutions to be implemented
- Provide recommendations on SQL Database risk items such as permissions, encryption methods and techniques
- Test and modify databases to ensure they operate reliably
- Manage database access by recommending permission matrix and on-going user management
- Implement security measures to ensure relevant access is given based on company requirements
- Design maintenance procedures and make them operational across the business
- Ensure the databases meet company requirements
- Manage and maintain database security/integrity and backup procedures
- Manage and recommend SQL Database security and optimisation enhancements
- Optimise T-SQL-code and Server and Database architecture
- Update SQL environments (if and when needed)
- Assist in Disaster & Recovery plans and operations (if and when needed)
- Identify newer methods to better the current environment
- Assist 3rd parties and internal resources with SQL related items
- Define objectives through consultation with staff at all levels
- Provide support to the corresponding IT team and personnel
Minimum Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA certification)
Minimum Microsoft SQL Server Database (MSSQL Certification)
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
Minimum 10 years’ experience in SQL installation on servers (including SQL config and settings)
Working experience with Transaction Log Replication essential
Strong ability to write and assess queries in T-SQL
Thorough working experience and knowledge of SQL Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures
Business/system analysis experience is beneficial
ITIL foundation course is beneficial
COBIT course is beneficial
- Effective teamwork and self-management
- People skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication and problem solving
- Project management
- SQL Database
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
SA Taxi is a vertically integrated business utilizing specialist capabilities, enriched proprietary data & technology to provide developmental finance, insurance and other services.
The minibus taxi industry is a critical pillar of the public transport sector servicing the majority of South Africa’s working population. Our business offering empowers SMEs and creates shared value opportunities thus ensuring the sustainability of this industry.