PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To take responsibility for the Linux Server environment and deliver highperformance, stable systems which drive the business forward. To maintain awell-structured and managed Linux environment encompassing: monitoring,installing, configuration, research and development, scripting.
- Installation & configuration of all Linux systems be they physical or virtual.
- Maintain, update, tune and repair applications in order to keep them performing according to technical and functional specifications.
- Creation, configuration and installation of Virtual Machines across ESX/ESXi and HyperV and environments hosted locally or with Hosted Service Providers.
- Maintain and improve existing systems to ensure optimal performance.
- Perform fault-finding, analyse problems and provide solutions where necessary.
- Log faults with 3rd party Service Providers and manage to completion.
- Installation and configuration of MySQL/NoSQL/Prostgres DB servers.
- Recommend solutions by defining physical database structures and functional capabilities, database security, data back-ups, and recovery specifications.
- Evaluating existing systems and designing proposed systems.
- Maintain servers and DB performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Develop a Disaster Recovery Plan for the Linux Servers accordingly to the relevant SOP and BCP.
- Participate in the Scheduled test for individual DRP and total environment DRP providing feedback and documentation as required as according to stipulated timelines
- Prepare and maintain user software requirement document in accordance with DRP requirements according to stipulated timelines
- Proactively build for failover within system infrastructure including network partitioning and cross hypervisor/data centre concerns.
- Management of all Linux environments, including backups, system housekeeping and maintenance, monitoring and capacity planning. Apply industry Best Practises on all Linux environments.
? Related tertiary qualification will be an advantage – B Sc, B Com,
? Formal Linux Certification: RHCSE/RHCSA
? Linux + and LPIC 2 (minimum)
- System Administration
About The Employer:
Universal Healthcare has established itself as a leader within the South African healthcare industry. Through our evidence-based integrated healthcare services, we aim to facilitate access to healthcare for more individuals. Universal Healthcare’s integrated services include health insurance administration, corporate health and employee wellness programs, managed care, occupational health programs, an extensive network of healthcare professionals/providers, and health insurance, including gap coverage, among others If you want to contribute significantly to the growth and development of an innovative company, be challenged in a line of work that really impacts people’s lives for good, and engage in a fantastic team environment, we’d like to hear from you. Thank you for your interest in working for Universal Healthcare. Kindly note that your application will be reviewed in accordance to the job requirements and the Company will select suitable candidates with cognisance of its Employment Equity policy. Should no response be received within 30 working days from your date of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful for this position, your resume will remain active in our database should you be suitable for positions in future.
Employer & Job Benefits:
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund
- Annual Bonus