My client in the financial services industry is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Architect to join their team in Green Point. Working closely with the Head of IT & Development, the successful candidate will ensure infrastructure design, information security, and governance supporting all technology operations, projects and change initiatives are aligned with the company’s overall technology strategy.
This is a senior role with emphasis first on leading an infrastructure refresh programme including adoption of cloud technologies, workplace and network modernisation, and outsourcing of specialised functions, and secondly on ongoing management of the organisation’s technology portfolio. The role is diverse and requires an individual who has experience working either within large organisations, or ideally across multiple large programmes at a senior technical level.
To be successful in the role, you’ll be an experienced technical or infrastructure architect with strong knowledge of leadership, project management and IT operations. You’ll have excellent commercial and communication experience, must be able to think strategically, and be able to influence across senior levels of the organisation.
DUTIES AND DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the development and execution of the Information Technology (IT) strategy.
- Manage and drive delivery of the IT Strategy within the business, technology and development teams and external partners.
- Develop and promote solid architecture standards and practices throughout the Group
- Develop cloud design principles and policies to drive consistency.
- Establish suitable governance frameworks to guide and govern technology consumption, adoption, and management activities.
- Advising management in relation to information security issues, processes, products, and services.
- Promote security principles in areas such as infrastructure, applications, cloud technologies, and endpoint computing.
- Define and manage IT policies and strategies based on future expectations and historical trends.
- Track and manage budgets for IT strategy, projects, and operations
- Oversee design and operations changes to ensure alignment of development solutions and architecture to best practice.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies including cloud and Anything-as-a-Service.
- Continuously analyse technologies, suppliers, and processes to drive efficiency and inform business decisions.
- Review and manage contracts and agreements with service providers and vendors.
ROLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- +15 years relevant technology and management experience.
- Experience in full IT lifecycle including change and risk management, infrastructure architecture, service delivery, and software development.
- Experience in cybersecurity architecture design and governance in both Data Centre and Cloud environments.
- Experience with frameworks and standards such as ISO27001, NIST, ITIL and COBIT.
- Hands-on networking, infrastructure, applications and information security at design and architecture level.
- Proven experience managing high quality teams within an operations and development organisation.
- Strong understanding of technical architecture, design and delivery of Enterprise and Cloud technologies.
- Technical design and integration experience within a large division/organisation.
- Comprehensive background knowledge of cloud architecture platforms such as Amazon, Azure, M365.
- Understanding of financial sector regulations and compliance such as POPIA, and their technical application.
- Must be assertive with good communication skills at all levels.
- Experience in DevOps.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Good documentation and report writing skills
- Track record in strategic and operational hands-on management
- Expert problem-solving skills
- senior infrastructure architect
- infrastructure design
- information security
- technology strategy
- change and risk management
- service delivery
- software development
- cyber security
- data centre