ENVIRONMENT:PROVIDE technical leadership, people management and coaching to Developers across multiple Agile teams as the next highly skilled Technical Manager sought by a leading Retail Group for its Platform Development division. You will lead the development competency within the team to drive innovation and ensure that solutions are developed against the development standards and patterns that have been formulated within the team. The successful candidate will be action oriented & able to manage complexity. You require an NQF Level 8 qualification in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent with experience in Software Development & be TOGAF & Design Thinking Certified. You also need at least 5 years Programming experience (C#.Net, .Net Core), a minimum of 3 years in a Lead/Management role, 2 years as a Solution Architect, AWS, Azure, CSM, CSD and Product Owner experience with at least 3 years developing strategic IT [URL Removed] estimates and inputs to projects and development strategy
- Guide, review and approve technical solution designs, striving towards a reusable API environment where appropriate.
- Provide technical leadership across Agile teams ensuring they are aligned and deliver to the development strategy, patterns and standards that respect compliance, security, operational best practice and best possible user experience.
- Provide Agile bespoke development capability in response to business requirements and technology exploitation.
- Provide input and delivers to one-year operating plan.
Ensure Developer quality and efficiency
- Drive integrated quality assurance thinking in the coding approach that supports Continuous Integration.
- Drive Developer training plans and on-boarding to ensure relevant and up to date digital development skills are available.
- Drive bespoke development architecture and coding standards in line with ITs digital transformation strategy.
- Measure Developer quality and efficiency.
- Assist the leadership team in building a digitally capable, business relevant API developer pipeline within the team.
Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure trusted service delivery to functional and end teams
- Collaborate with the leadership team to set development technologies, architectures, coding standards and processes that enable a speed with quality Agile delivery culture.
- Work with the DevOps Manager to ensure digitally relevant DevOps automation and process adherence.
- Work collaboratively with the Agile Project Manager to manage demand and delivery to projects and BAU requirements.
- NQF Level 8 in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with experience in Software Development.
- TOGAF Certification and Design Thinking Certification.
- 5 – 10 Years Programming experience (C#.Net, .NET Core).
- 3 – 5 Years working in a lead or management role.
- CSM, CSD and Product Owner experience with 3 to 5 years in developing strategic IT roadmaps.
- 2 Years as a Solution Architect.
- Cloud experience (AWS and Azure).
- Experience of the Agile methodology within an applications development environment advantageous.
- Tech savvy – Anticipates and adopts innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
- Action oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Communicates effectively – Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences, enabling you to influence change within an enterprise environment.
- Manages complexity – Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Collaborates – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objective
- Leverages research on technology-related concepts, trends and best practices to provide guidance on IT roadmap.
- Others approach you to help identify key issues, stakeholders and viewpoints in complex situations or problems
- Consistently maintains a keen awareness of the interrelationships among various components of large-scale activities/projects.
- Applies diplomacy and tact, demonstrating respect for differing perspectives.
- Shares information with colleagues and partners about industry trends and business opportunities.
- Consistently actively listens, interprets and presents messages in different ways to enhance understanding.
- Effectively anticipates and initiates change by staying updated on trends affecting ones own field to adapt to an evolving landscape.
- Demonstrates an advanced ability to systematically analyse, and mentor other on, insights from change.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.