ENVIRONMENT:A fast-growing Retail Group seeks the technical skills of a solutions-driven Analyst Programmer II for its IT Online Applications division where your core role will be to analyse user requirements, design, implement and support less complex technical system. The ideal candidate must possess a 3-year IT Diploma with 3-5 years Programming/Analyst Programming experience, have a background in Operational/System Support and E-commerce & M-commerce industry experience. You also need PL/SQL, Java/J2EE, ATG E-Commerce, Oracle WebLogic Server and Project Management methodology. Please note this is a 12-Month Contract role.DUTIES:Analysis, technical design and development aligned to team processes and requirements
- Develop technical specifications from systems specifications.
- Design and code programmes of greater complexity and size from technical specifications.
Maintain and support existing systems
- Interpret user requirements and translate into systems design.
- Investigate and solve systems issues.
- Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
Ensure effective operations
- Implement approved changes as per change control and security process.
- Plan, organise and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback to own and other relevant areas.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of processes, technology and architecture.
- Utilize problem solving skills and techniques to drive the resolution of issues.
- Ensure systems conform to IT governance and information security requirements.
- Provide input into systems related Risk Management Strategies and risk mitigation.
- 3-year IT Diploma.
- 3-5 Years Programming/Analyst Programming experience.
- Operational/System Support background.
- PL/SQL Programming experience.
- E-commerce or M-commerce industry experience.
- Specific analysis and development skills.
- ATG E-Commerce, Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Java / J2EE.
- Project Management methodology.
- Relevant business process context knowledge.
- Prepares clear, well-structured presentations using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Will be required to perform standby duties on rotational basis.
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings.
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved.
- Synthesises data from different sources to identify trends.
- Clearly defines objectives and translates them into workable activities.
- Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the accomplishment of goals and timelines and propose/ take corrective action where required.
- Discusses issues and exchanges information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
- Convinces others by identifying benefits for all; looks for ways to increase the value of the partnership for all parties.
- Actively seeks out positive spin-offs of change and investigates ways in which change can be used.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to adapt to change.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.