Our leading client in the financial industry is looking for an Enterprise Architect to be based in Johannesburg.
- Drive the design and delivery of complex fit for purpose, business strategy-aligned, high impact, cross domain technology solution blueprints & associated solutions & build architectural capability in Dev teams across an estate.
- Leverage a solid & deep understanding of the organization strategy to identify, design & deliver relevant, scalable, testable, re-usable technology solutions
- Work in collaboration with delivery teams to independently analyse customer requirements & varying business capabilities & leverage analysis to identify & accurately spec / frame ‘the complex business problems we are aiming to solve’ with each solution design or solution evolution
- Through the above processes, leverage emotional, social & business / commercial quotient to understand consumers and the broader range of stakeholders, their opinions & perspectives and reconcile these within the solution designs (negotiation skills and dealing with complex and divergent stakeholder opinions are a must)
- Leverage expertise in analytical & creative problem solving to synthesise a solution design (build a solution from its components) beyond the analysis of the problem
- Lead design thinking processes to successfully deliver solution blueprints & associated roadmaps
- Create end to end solution blueprints & ensure these can be implemented across all phases of the initiative lifecycle (ideation through to product launch & commercialization)
- Design & or contribute to the design & implementation of detailed feasibilities & business cases
- Leverage a strong engineering background to make the right choices in solution design – this knowledge includes but is not limited to: domain driven design, loosely coupled integration, microservices and other modern
- software design practices
- The above extends to identifying the best fit tools to be used for a particular solution, understanding those that would not be a good choice and leveraging researching skills to pivot towards something better
- Assume ‘one stop’ shop accountability for solution blueprint design & delivery decisions within an organization based on the above
- Work with project / program management teams to design solution roadmaps aligned to the strategic requirements of an organization and through which the solution can be implemented across all phases of the initiative life-cycle (ideation through to product launch and commercialization)
- Work embedded, as part of a delivery team, to ensure the successful design & implementation of solution blueprints
- Ensure that the detail of the solution (across all architecture domains) is accurate to the implementation of the initiative, true to the bank’s architectural principles/preferences, implementable by the different teams involved in the solution
- Work as part of embedded delivery teams to conduct solution reviews, code reviews, testing and other disciplines associated with solution design & delivery
Experience and requirements
- Completed BScEng or any other related
- Certification in one or more agile frameworks
- Experience or training in Design Thinking and associated disciplines.
- 5-10 years solution architecture experience (prefer 8 and more years)
- 5-10 years hands-on technology and engineering experience (prefer 8 and more years)
- 5-10 years team leadership experience (prefer 8 and more years)
- 2-3 years in customer-facing experience disciplines (prefer 3 years)
- 3-5 years in agile delivery disciples (prefer 5 years)
- Ideally these should run concurrently so all skills are current
- T-shaped expertise with a breadth of skill, understanding and experience across different areas of delivery,different banking functional/business domains as well as a depth of skill in technology and integration architecture
- Proven track record in implementing complex architectures and solutions with deep hands on experience in complex technical implementations (engineering backround).
- Practical understanding and experience in Design Thinking, Jobs to be Done, Customer Journeys, Experience Design, CEM, etc.
- Hands-on software engineering experience which should feature some of the following: Java, .Net, Scala, Spark, Spring, Integration (ESB/SOA/API/Microservices), Application Security, DDD, NoSQL
- Agile Delivery Techniques: SCRUM, KANBAN, SAFE, LESS, DAD, “Spotify model”… better yet, individuals who can chose which of these is appropriate, Tailor them or even use waterfall where the task calls for it.
- Technology Management and Strategy including TCO modelling and analysis, application portfolio management and cost optimization.
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote however candidates should be residing within the traveling distance as circumstance of the opportunity can change.
- Integration (ESB/SOA/API/Microservices)
- Application Security