To develop software applications supporting electronic trading with connectivity to exchanges, ECNs, brokers, and other vendor integration.
Software integration solutions that are bespoke, innovative and sustainable for the fulfilment of business stated requirements.
- Develop scalable, reliable and high-performance applications using Java.
- Assist in architecting new solutions for integration and connecting to various vendors or exchanges.
- Research, evaluate and recommend software libraries and integration and testing tools.
- End to end development and integration into exchanges and vendors based on specification and ensure successful conformance testing.
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Resolve problems with software and respond to suggestions for improvements or enhancements.
- Communicate effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and manage expectations effectively.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline is required, or equivalent work experience and technical training
- Minimum of 3 years technical work experience in a team environment as a programmer within a global markets environment
- Experience with Spring, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Apache Tomcat, Java.
- FIX knowledge is advantageous
- Strong relational database experience (Sybase, Postgres)
- Webservices and messaging (JMS, TIBCO EMS, etc.)
- Development experience in Linux based environment
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth understanding of core Java API’s (collections, concurrency, NIO etc.)
- Have an understanding of and preferably experience with multithreaded systems, working knowledge of the Java garbage collector
- Development practices – S/he can use test driven development and be familiar with UML and OO design.
- Have have experience with Eclipse or IntelliJ, GIT, continuous build servers
- Can demonstrate ability to work in a multi-faceted role (development with some testing, support and analysis.)
- The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Be able to function independently, as well as work well in a team. S/he will need excellent communication and planning skills.
- Drive projects, and effectively manage dependencies on other areas of the bank
- Interpret functional specifications / use-case diagrams / user stories in order to develop solutions
- APACHE TOMCAT
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Banking
- 2 to 5 years Software Development
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
A market leader in Corporate and Investment Banking where our people are our differentiator. They come from many different backgrounds, bringing unique perspectives to finding solutions and solving challenges for our clients