Lead and manage organisation-wide Management Information and Reporting function. You will be responsible for the project management of the MI/BI developments by managing a team, using the AGILE framework, that is focussed on delivering MI & BI reports across multiple functional areas. You will work closely with business stakeholders to identify new opportunities of MI development which you will be required to execute within agreed upon time frames, while also being responsible for enhancements to existing models and providing key insights for the business on reporting.
- Be familiar with development best practices.
- Be able to troubleshoot technical and performance issues.
- Be able to offer assistance and guidance to other developers in the team.
- Review technical specifications drawn up by developers in the team.
- Perform peer reviews and code reviews on development tasks completed by the developers in the team.
- Accountable for maintaining quality, service and outputs related to a work area, ensuring compliance with set policy, procedures, and standards.
- In consultation with business stakeholders, proactively identify MI/BI opportunities, select, and implement the best solution based on previous experience and understanding of the business context and technical tools.
- Plan for and organise multiple work activities for team execution by assigning priorities against the set framework in light of the specific situational context.
- Apply models and techniques which enable tracking, reporting and monitoring of business-related information.
- Implement the effective use of interpretive models and frameworks that enhance the ability to analyse and interpret information.
- Manage the effective extraction and consolidation of data to enable the optimal interrogation thereof, to provide reliable management information.
- Maintain and build relationships for purposes of expectation management, knowledge sharing and integration.
- Compile a budget aligned to the operational or area specific delivery of plans; monitor and report on variances and make sure that planned objectives are reported, escalating any deviations.
- Schedule, allocate and effectively manage human resources within own area of responsibility in line with specified and specific constraints or parameters.
- Manage teams within the context of defined processes, set required performance parameters and act as technical coach where required.
Qualification and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in IT/IS (Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas).
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience in a similar environment.
- Proven experiences in the Financial Services Industry and Insurance sector.
- Experience in managing a complex reporting function.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools methodologies, and Data Warehousing.
- Understanding of Agile Principles and ability to utilise in in the context of delivery.
- Proficient in working with Relational Databases.
- Exposure and knowledge of Dimensional Modelling.
- Be comfortable with SQL, PowerBI, OBIEE and ETL tools.
- Working knowledge of PowerBI (incl. DAX and M-Language) is non-negotiable.
- Experience with BI report development and implementation as well as management information reporting on a periodic basis as required by business.
- Experience with developing data models for data mining and cleansing from the production database.
Desired Education Level
- Relevant Degree
- MI development
- Data Warehousing
- Dimensional Modelling
Desired Qualification Level: