Purpose of the job:
To coordinate and manage all ICT and HMIS systems in line with the donor, DoH, and program objectives.
Key performance areas:
- Translate business needs to technical specifications.
- Design, build and deploy internal systems and solutions (e.g. reporting tools).
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
- Create tools to store data.
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting of all data management systems.
- Evaluate and improve existing data management systems.
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
- Develop and maintain DATIM import files for donor reporting.
- Liaise with the reporting team to ensure data quality for reporting to the donor.
- Identify and implement efficiencies in data collection, compilation, review, reporting etc.
- Maintain full compliance to the system and data architecture, standards, and procedures.
- Work with the Strategic Information and Programme Teams in the development of standard and bespoke reports utilizing data warehouse and data feeds.
- Prepare designs, estimates, and functional specifications of databases.
- Provide technical solutions to enhance the Programme Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Perform installations of health information system electronic tools (Example: [URL Removed] all health information systems.
- Support regarding collecting and analyzing HIV & AIDS / TB data from all computer systems used by the Department of Health.
- All ICT-related troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Install routers, test wireless connectivity, and configure networking.
- Internet connectivity assessment.
- Provide basic first-line support for facilities and Wits RHI teams.
- Log all support calls with the IT Service Desk at Wits RHI and the Department of Health.
- Software assessments at all Sub-Districts offices or facilities where there are electronic health information systems implemented.
- Develop a training module and provide training to all the District ICT Coordinators.
- Develop a training program for District and Sub-Districts and mentor the ICT Coordinators in implementing rolling out training to the district.
- Implement a support and maintenance procedure to assist with call logging procedures and provide first-line support.
- Support the data management team in all data management functions.
- Adhere to all data management SOPs, guidelines, and confidentiality agreements.
- Manage and Monitor application performance against Service Level Agreements (SLA) and business requirements.
- Provide support regarding software updates of the Electronic TB/HIV Register (TIER.Net).
- Liaise with local health Facility managers of ART register and electronic medical records as well as other relevant components regarding day-to-day operational matters.
- Conduct Data Quality Assurance and Compile reports on system implementation.
- Support on extracting data from [URL Removed] system and importing it to DHIS (District Health Information System).
- Support DoH in ensuring controlling and maintaining user access to systems.
Required minimum education and training:
- Degree in ICT, BSc/BA in Computer Science, or similar discipline. Proficiency in Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Excellent data presentation skills (primarily MS Excel and PowerPoint) and a good understanding of statistical analysis and data analytics.
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Be proactive agent influencing positive change with external stakeholders with the ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels of Wits RHI and partner organizations.
- Positive, energetic team leader with an ability to adapt to complex situations, manage stress, deliver goals pro-actively.
- Organized with a thorough and accurate approach to work, attention to detail.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
Required minimum work experience:
- 1-3 years developing, implementing, and managing information systems including Health Management Information Systems such as [URL Removed] DHIS, and others.
- Proven experience developing software programs and managing complex data.
- Working with donor-driven programmes.
- Database capacity building and mentoring.
- Report writing.
- Valid SA drivers license.
Demands of the job:
- Local travel and working overtime will be required.
- Must be able to work in time-constrained, highly pressurized deadline-driven environments.
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV. Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 28 September 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Note AJ Personnel is fully POPI compliant.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
About The Employer:
The Wits Reproductive Health & HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.