My client in the mining analytics industry is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join their team in Benoni.
The Senior Business Analyst, or Modeler, will collect and interpret data to help a company take actionable steps to improve their performance and meet goals. Their duties include gathering company information and statistics, building reports to present results to executives and finding ways to improve a company’s efficiencies using gathered data. Financial Models are created based on the purpose and need to support the decision-making and to resolve the business problems. Following some assumptions and by a step-by-step process, ensure your client understands your logic followed.
The position will be part of a company servicing the mining industry predominately.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create new models that support business decisions by working closely with business units and IT teams to establish initiatives and strategies to improve productivity and optimize costs.
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Establishing new data gathering and analysis techniques within the organisation
- Finding patterns and trends in analysed data
- Gathering and analysing data
- Develop, implement, investigate, and maintain efficient cost control systems.
- Leading special projects to evaluate control measures and propose suitable solutions
- Implement Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in economics or finance
- Minimum: 5 years’ experience as an Analyst or Senior Accountant in an established organisation. 10+ years preferable.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Programming experience is an advantage
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Must possess own transport
- Any previous mining experience while not required would be an advantage
- Cost and management accounting exposure
- Leadership skills with proven experience managing a small team
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving
- Proficiency in mathematics with the skill to translate complex mathematical information into understandable reports
- Strong oral and writing communication skills
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of networks, databases, and other technology
- Have an enquiring mind and the ability to work independently under pressure
- Ability to organise and prioritise
- Ability to get along with and work with people on different levels and from different cultures
- business analyst
- financial models
- financial analysis
- cost control