ENVIRONMENT:IF you are passionate about continuous learning & pushing technical limits to find cutting-edge solutions, then an innovative fast-paced FinTech company wants your coding talents as their next Intermediate Android Developer. Your role will entail delivering code according to a product backlog, Agile Software Development and assisting with the design of technical solutions and software & product support. You must possess a BSc. Computer Science or B.Eng University Degree OR have in addition to the minimum requirement of 4 years experience, have another 5 years in the absence of a Degree. You also require 2 years Android with Java or preferably Kotlin. The work is remote with quarterly co-located team events, usually at the Stellenbosch [URL Removed] code according to a product backlog.
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience.
- Minimum 2 years Android experience Java or preferably Kotlin.
- Relevant BSc. Computer Science or B.Eng University Degree with good academic performance, exceptional in Software Development/Programming courses OR An additional 5 years work experience in the absence of a Degree.
- Honours Degree or higher.
- Flutter experience or an interest to learn it.
- AWS Cloud experience.
- A preference for a variety of work and horizontal training over deep specialist skills.
- Aspirations to mentor and coach other Developers.
- iOS development experience.
- Communication skills that allow you to collaborate and explain your process, approach and motivation to various stakeholders.
- Able to work in a team as well as individually.
- Zoom out to the big picture and zoom in on detail.
- Estimate effort on tasks, prioritise work and deliver to deadlines but manage expectations proactively rather than working overtime to get the work done.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A propensity to fail fast and learn fast and share both failure and learning with others.
- Prioritise learning over being right. Understanding others rather than becoming defensive.
- Understanding the value of the client as part of the team rather than us & them.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.