SENIOR DEVELOPER – DATA MODELING
R 800 000.00 to R 950 000.00 PER ANNUM (EXCLUDING BONUSES)
Key concern seeks Senior Developer in Data Modeling space to join the Digital Transformation Programme. You will be part of the Customer Insights Operations. As the senior developer/modeler you will need to have a deep specialized knowledge beyond your peers in data warehousing and Modelling methodologies, methods, and processes. As a senior developer/modeler you will need to design and develop data modelling solutions to process large volumes of data into a cloud-based Insights platform, for analytical purposes. You will be working in an Agile environment, would need to work in a team with developers and be a mentor to others to allow us to create a high performing team. As the senior developer/modeler you will be responsible for setting up the design patterns, data-models and maintain a complex data model and design. You must be aware of how the organization and business partners work and be able to adapt, within the frameworks, to deliver.
- Analyze, Design and implement complex insights data models, handling large volumes of data in support of key areas of Data Analytics: Analyze and understand business requirements in the context of the current business environment in conjunction with Product Managers, Business Analysts and Solution Architects. Analyze data flows – source to target. Develop and document data models and designs for complex Analytical requirements Create conceptual, logical, and physical solutions, using appropriate methodologies. Identify suitable solution(s) and alternatives that address the business needs/requirements of key stakeholders from the business, solution delivery, and operations areas. Develop solutions according to standards and best practices for Modelling purposes and consumption of large volumes of data. Maintain modelling principles and quality compliance criteria to deliver according to commitments. Integrate design for maintainability, scalability, and efficiency. Coordinate with Architects and business stakeholders to determine functionalities. Complete deliverables throughout the system development life cycle for compliance according to agreed plan. Work within the frameworks of both waterfall SDLC and Agile (SCRUM) methodologies. Work as part of a team without close supervision. Attention to detail. Adhere to standard modelling and development/coding practices. Experiencing in designing systems to take advantage of best practice in cloud technologies.
- Successful delivery of development projects and changes as required: Thoughtful and clear understanding of program and project goals and needs. Engagement with different stakeholders. Identification and prioritization of project risks. Develop optimised code Provide active technical advice to the team, IT, and internal stakeholders. Detect critical deficiencies and recommend improvements. Set up best practices and processes for new team. Provide technical leadership to the team.
- Provide technical input and guidance to establish and maintain an effective Insights data platform, by keeping up to date with relevant technologies and methods: Play a leading role in maintaining best-of-breed development standards for technologies and solutions. Research, understand, and stay up to date with current trends in Information Technology. Actively share insights and information with relevant stakeholders and team. Detect critical deficiencies and recommend improvements. Adhere to best practices and processes for the team. Technical competency within ETL and cloud technologies
- Team player and mentoring of the development team: Develop staff skills in ETL solutions and processes Assist in the setup of the development team. Setup procedures and processes to facilitate best practices for development. Help facilitate leadership and problem-solving skills. Provide regular feedback both to team and to management. Setting up and maintaining technical infrastructure.
- 3 year Diploma /Degree in Information Systems / B.Sc Computer Science (or similar)
- 5 -8 years Worked on Data Warehousing projects, with a specific reference to Data Modelling.
- 5 -8 years Significant experience in business modelling using OLAP/ROLAP or any other BI tools.
- 5 – 8 years Knowledge of data modelling techniques, including multi-dimensional modelling, and Relational Databases
- 3+ years Understanding of quantitative and statistical techniques
- 5 -8 years’ Experience in software development and testing.
- 5 -8 years’ Experience of working on projects in both Agile and DevOps
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience in business modeling using OLAP/ROLAP or any other BI tools
- Worked in product background and should be able to review and analyze designs
- Strong design skill and SDLC understanding
- Experience with handling large data sets, high-performance computing, building high-performance solutions, and data integration projects
- Cloud technologies experience (preferred Azure)
Contact Tracy on [Phone Number Removed]; and email to [Email Address Removed]
- data warehouse