The Role: Essential function:
- Deliver functional and defect-free components within the timeframe agreed and complying with the technical architecture and standards.
- Analyse Software requirements and plan development accordingly.
- Communicate effectively with regards to project plans, issues and timelines.
- Participate in improving the overall functionality of the various products.
- Participate in the planning and execution of the project(s).
- Research, development and apply new technologies.
- Building of custom web services as well as their consumption.
- Maintenance of existing systems.
- Integration of designs to create a highly functional and user-friendly experience, as designed by the user experience designers.
- Peer Code Review.
- Deployments for Production and UAT
- Develop utilising various technologies e.g. Python, Go (Golang)
Skills and Experience: Essential Qualification:
- Relevant Information Technology Degree or National Diploma.
- At least 7 years?? experience in developing information systems.
- 7+ years Software Development experience using Python, Go (Golang)
- Agile Software development (Scrum) and Test-Driven Development (TDD) experience.
- Unit Testing.
Key Accountabilities: Function Skills:
- Driven to produce the best,
- Take responsibility for work given,
- Strive to understand the functional requirements,
- Develop, maintain, and support enhancements for various projects,
- Identify and improve aspects of existing projects,
- Stay up to date with new technologies.
Personality and Attributes: Soft Skills
- High levels of responsibility and ownership,
- Ability to execute and deliver,
- strong customer focus,
- Integrity and teamwork and,