ENVIRONMENT:A large Retail Group urgently seeks the coding expertise of a solutions-driven Java Developer (Analyst Programmer II) who enjoys the challenge of solving client requests while delivering exceptional software. Your role will also include the design, build and maintenance of efficient, reusable, testable and reliable Java code, back-end applications, APIs and database objects. You must have 7+ years Java development, experience designing & developing RESTful APIs, a solid understanding of application architecture, Test-Driven Development, SQL, ORM, Relational Databases and be able to explain solution trade-offs in non-technical terms as [URL Removed] build, and maintain efficient, reusable, testable and reliable Java code.
- 7+ Years experience using Java.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Solid understanding of application architecture.
- Able to explain solution trade-offs (in non-technical terms when required).
- Experience with Test-driven Development.
- Experience development using Spring Boot, Java Streams, Spring Integration, Java Generics, JUnit, Maven, Message Queues (AMQP), and JPA/Hibernate.
- Experience working with a MySQL database.
- Experience development using Python.
- Experience using version control systems, such as GIT.
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins.
- Google Cloud Platform and G-Suite.
- Container technology such as Docker.
- WSO2 platform.
- Angular, and Node.JS.
- ELK stack.
- Oracle, SQL Server, and PostgreSQL databases.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM and KANBAN.
- Constantly seeking to learn and improve.
- Takes responsibility and self-motivated.
- Able to develop ideas and share them clearly (in non-technical terms when required).
- Able to work within a team.
- Be curious in technology.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- A love for developing software.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.