A Leading financial services group listed on the JSE is currently looking for a Data Engineer to join their phenomenal team. This role requires a candidate who will be responsible for creating data pipelines to support downstream data delivery.
You would need to an interest in machine learning and advanced analytics, and the development of data pipelines in support thereof and understanding of the software development process, with proficiency in Git for version control and build & deployment pipelines in GitLab.
The nature of the job requires constant upskilling and personal development. Apply Now!!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Computer Science or Information Systems
- Good programming skills in both Python and SQL
- Good database design skills and an understanding of data warehousing techniques and approaches
- An understanding of and ability to access data from sources such
- An ability to engineer cloud-first solutions in the Amazon Web Services cloud
- An ability to create reports and BI dashboards to communicate data & analysis results, using a variety of technologies
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Amazon S3
- Windows and Linux file systems (Excel, delimited files, etc.)
- HTTP APIs
- SFTP sites
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Microsoft Excel
Reference Number for this position is LL53590 which is a permanent position based in Centurion offering a cost to company salary of up to R500K per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Lindie on [Email Address Removed] or call her on [Phone Number Removed]; to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website [URL Removed] for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
- HTTP APIs
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Data Analysis / Data Warehousing