- Bachelor’s degree
- Project Management qualification
- Business Management qualification beneficial
Minimum Requirements / Experience:
- South African Citizen / Permanent Resident (with valid SA ID)
- At least 3 years Project Management experience – mandatory
- Agile / Scrum Master methodology – mandatory
- Financial projects experience
- Prince2 / PMBok Accreditation – mandatory
- Advanced MS Project – mandatory
Introduction: The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the entire project life cycle including initiation, planning, executing, and closing of projects within predetermined objectives and deliverables.
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Management
- Finance Management
- Risk Management
- Team Management
- RFI process from start to end
- Microsoft Excel at a high level
- Deciding and Initiating Action – Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; takes initiative and works under own direction; initiates and generates activity and introduces changes into work processes; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices or considered risks.
- Analysing: Analyses numerical data and all other sources of information, to break them into component parts, patterns and relationships; probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts: Works strategically to realise organisational goals; sets and develops strategies; identifies, develops positive and compelling visions of the organisation’s future potential; takes account of a wide range of issues across, and related to, the organisation.
- Planning and Organising – Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Building Relationships
- Take the lead
- Communicates with diplomacy
- Anticipate challenges
- Plan and organize
- Handles Stress
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to the Project Implementation methodology.
- Obtain relevant sign of and authorisation for projects.
- Re-engage sales team for contract negotiations.
- Do not allow start of work without signed Variation Order unless approved.
- Engage sales team for project handover.
- Coordinate and integrate the various project elements during project initiation.
- Obtain project charter approvals.
- Obtaining authorization for a new project and define its scope, by ensuring that project align with organisational objectives and customer needs.
- Conceptualisation of the scope of the project which reflects the stakeholders needs and expectations.
- Stakeholders identified and their needs are understood.
- Schedule and facilitate kick-off meetings (internal and external).
- Completion of project kick off meeting checklist.
- Ensure scope of project is understood internally and externally and that only the required work is quoted and scheduled.
- Draft the Project Management Plan based on the RFP
- Draft the Project Management Schedule based on the RFP
- Scheduling of project and resources together with Senior Supplier
- Facilitation during quote process.
- Analyze scope of work and assemble team for execution in collaboration with the Operations Manager
- Build project plan in MS Project and submit for approval.
- Enter project buffers and plan for contingencies.
- Determine customer expectations.
- Identify the change management implications for the associated changes.
- Identify the project risks for the project.
- Present suggested processes to customer.
- Compile scope of work to be done.
- Ensuring approval of project scopes, schedules, costs, communication activities, quality management activities, risk response plan, Integrated change control process and Procurement plan.
- Facilitation of all project meetings.
- Raising of issues with regards to project team and resolution with clients.
- Weekly project tracking.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Ensure that project team and clients understand quality requirements relevant to the functional requirements of the project.
- Management of all risks and issues logged on project.
- Management of Change Request process.
- Manage client expectations.
- Organisation of required meetings with project teams.
- Organisation of ad hoc risk and issue meetings with relevant stakeholders.
- Interaction with impacted stakeholder throughout project.
- Manage mitigation plans for projects.
- Daily management of risks and issues.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Renegotiate and obtain quotes for new tasks and scopes.
- Weekly billing on projects.
- Provide concise information to the project Steering Committee concerning project progress, budget status and issue tracking.
- Raise variation orders with the customer where this falls outside the SOW.
- Develop, prioritize, resolve or escalate out-of-scope issues.
- Track all budget items including manpower hours, cost, overruns, schedule conflicts, etc.
- Ensures all milestones are being met or if schedule slips, able to justify the missed deadline.
- Monitor current and future resource requirements and highlight capacity concerns.
- Monitor progress from resources on the project and ensure that the actual effort keeps up with the planned effort.
- Compile customer and management reports around the project health.
- Prepare resource scheduling for weekly operations forum.
- Manage material resources by:
- Compare actual performance with planned performance,
- Analyze variances,
- Access trends to effect process improvements,
- Evaluate possible alternatives,
- Implement appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Ensure information security requirements (ISMS) are adhered to on each project
- Participate in the Software Factory release management meetings to ensure project deliverables are considered in the overall release planning.
- Draft a Highlight Report at end of each project phase.
- Management and resolution of project close out and lessons learnt.
- Facilitate post project review, internal and external.
- Transfer the completed product to operations or to close a cancelled project once;
- Project outcomes are accepted,
- Project resources are released.
- Stakeholder perceptions are measured and analysed.
- Draft Stage Exception Plans if stage boundaries are not met.
Work outputs and Key Indicators
- Project budgets are maintained
- Optimal billing achieved for out-of-scope work to be done
- Optimal utilization of company resources
- Predetermined GP achieved on project
Business Process Management:
- Risk Management
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Project agreements and documents signed and processed
- Adhere to the Project Implementation methodology and approved streamline and improvement process
- Project Timelines achieved
- Project plans approved without significant amendments required
- “To Be” process supports the Business Case
- Change request implementation is executed with minimal disruptions
- Project deliverables are achieved consistently without significant need for mitigation or deviation actions.
- Foreseeable scope changes and mitigation requests are anticipated well in advance and resolved timeously.
- Sufficient formalisation and governance of Project implementation methodology
Client and Vendor Management
- Effective relations maintained with clients and external service [URL Removed] company may include or exclude any task that be necessary in its interest at the
discretion in the spectrum of services and / or duties to be rendered by the employee.
- MS Project
- Financial Project
- Project budget
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- Microsoft Project
- Managing Project Budgets
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Microsoft Excel
- Project Governance
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
Formed in South Africa over 20 years ago, specialising in major financial system infrastructure development. A key player in the Central Banking space in group with over 9000 employees in 60 offices globally.