Design, code, test, debug and correct program modules in development for the back end service providers.
Construct robust, maintainable, scalable, optimally performing system code in line with technical specifications, following prescribed process, standards and procedures.
Work with the system architect to define the system design and then develop and test the necessary code that will be deployed.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Translate business requirements into technical designs adhering to processes, standards and guidelines, taking cognisance of performance, security and scalability requirements.
- Deliver within agreed timeframes.
- Liaise with relevant parties where clarification of business requirements or resolution to technical issues is needed
- Research and find effective solutions to technical issues that arise
- Estimate development timelines based on business requirements
- Construct robust, maintainable, scalable, optimally performing system code in line with technical specifications, following prescribed process, standards and procedures. Deliver within agreed timeframes
- Conduct unit testing and fix any defects found
- Verify build stability and quality with development team before releasing to test team, aiming to release with zero defects
- Assist the Business analyst in ensuring the test pack includes relevant scenarios and test data.
- Consult and assist in reviewing risk / impact of defects found in testing, and assist with fixing where necessary
Support / Troubleshooting
- Assist system users with technical support issues and handle according to defined procedures
- Ability to effectively analyse root cause of system errors (data errors, performance and stability issues)
- Keep abreast of current technological trends and how these might be applied in the business environment
- Constant improvement of knowledge of the various applications, their functionalities and data model
- Ability to communicate clearly, constructively and effectively. Easily able to follow and participate in technical, business process, and other discussions
- Able to build business relationships with other members of team and the business areas we support
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Sciences/ Information Systems or equivalent IT tertiary qualification
- Formal Java Qualification (Advantageous)
- Knowledge of commonly used design patterns
- Excellent understanding of Object Orientated principals and Java language fundamentals
- Working knowledge of Software development within SDLC, Unit Testing, Data modelling and design of database structures
- Agile Methodology
- A minimum of 2 or more years Java systems development experience with exposure to core
- Java EE knowledge and experience
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED