Avenu Tech is a niche fintech, with headquarters in the US and the Dev team in SA. We combine exceptional technology, talent, best practices and strategic relationships with game-changing solutions.
With cloud services taking over the industry, we are looking for a strong Engineer who has considerable experience in database admin and migration to AWS, to lead this exciting in-house project! The DBA/Cloud Engineer will work as a key player of the team in supporting, designing, and building a highly scalable cloud environment, as well as the design, support and admin for systems databases.
In addition, you get to work within a close-knit team who have a passion for innovative technology and a drive to grow the business to new heights, from the comfort of your own home!
- South African ID or valid RSA Work Permit
- Relevant IT related qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in database admin experience with technologies such as MySQL / MS SQL / PostgresSQL
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Linux admin and troubleshooting experience
- Cloud experience with technologies such as AWS
- Experience with migrations from on-prem to cloud advantageous.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage daily operations, processes, and projects relating database infrastructure.
- Attend to tickets in queue and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Respond and assist internal clients with any technical enquiries.
- Install, upgrade, and manage databases
- Manage database security and access control
- Create automation for repeating database tasks
Work with the Technical Operations team to setup monitoring, alerting, graphing for database systems
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
Administration and basic/advanced troubleshooting MySQL, MariaDB, PostgresDB and MSSQL databases – both on premise and ‘cloud’.
- Investigate any abnormalities in capacity resources, identify the cause and resolve the issue without affecting any other processes.
- Use CLI/GUI tools to troubleshoot and navigate issues.
- Troubleshoot replication errors
- Monitoring database error logs, slow query logs
Participate and contribute to Technical Operations department efforts. (Stability, security, automation, etc.).
- Contribute and assist in creating/deploying new VM environments.
- Contribute and assist in creating/deploying new Physical environments.
- Advanced knowledge and administration of databases. (MySQL / MS SQL / PostgresSQL / MariaDB)
- Database backups, replication, failover and disaster recovery planning.
- High Availability planning.
- Contribute and implement secure and stable database environments. (MySQL / MS SQL / PostgresSQL / MariaDB)
- Data Architecture
- Implement standards and best practices
- Query and performance tuning
- Information Life Cycle Management
- Roadmap planning
Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation.
- Acknowledge and respond to any Alerts.
- Escalate if necessary.
- Ensure the least amount of down time for any service, application, database and any hardware equipment.
What sets Avenu Tech apart from your average Joe workplace? We believe in fostering healthy relationships, along with trust and value for our employees.
Benefits offered to employees include above market related base salaries, health cover, risk cover, provident contribution, paid leave and additional Responsible Paid Time Off.
f you would like to learn more about Avenu Tech visit our website on [URL Removed] and to apply submit your detailed CV to [Email Address Removed]
Should you not hear from us within two weeks of application, please consider your application unsuccessful for this role.
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years