Main purpose of the job:
- To contribute to the management, maintenance, and expansion of the Unit’s longitudinal health and socio-demographic scientific data
- Wits School of Public Health – Johannesburg
Key performance areas:
- Manage, maintain, and contribute to the development and expansion of complex longitudinal health and socio-demographic relational databases
- Develop scripts and applications for temporal integrity checking, data cleaning, and extraction
- Perform routine database quality checks to ensure excellent data quality
- Help maintain an archive of scientific data
- Contribute to maintenance, tuning, and operation of network systems
- Provide user support
Required minimum education and training:
- A degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Demography/Epidemiology
Required minimum work experience:
- Minimum 1-year experience in Data or IT environment
- Experience with programming and relational database development
Desirable additional education, work experience, and personal abilities:
- Experience with MS SQL Server, MS Access, MS Excel as well as Programming in NET (c#, vb.net) or any other language
- A combination of programming and database development skills
- Experience in the use of statistical analysis software packages such as R, Stata, SAS, etc.
- Experience in a research organization/program
- High-level problem-solving skills and personal drive to achieve pre-set objectives
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to follow instructions
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experience as mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV.
- Please Apply Online and complete your registration on Ditto Hire (our application tracking system) to enable and protect you as a candidate to accept the new POPIA terms and conditions. This will then create your permanent profile with which you can apply for all jobs as advertised by AJ PERSONNEL. However, you may remove your profile from AJ PERSONNEL when you are no longer in the job market.
- AJ Personnel is fully POPIA Compliant.
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications: 13 April 2022.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- Note WHC, in accordance with their Employment Equity goals and plan, will give preference to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Client, WHC, maintains mandatory Covid-19 requirements, and as such only Covid-19 vaccinated incumbents will be considered for positions.
- AJ Personnel is only responsible for advertising the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
- AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
About The Employer:
Wits Health Consortium (Pty) Limited (“WHC”) is a wholly-owned Company of the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg (South Africa) under its Faculty of Health Sciences. WHC provides Faculty with a legal framework within which to operate the research and other activities necessary to support its academic objectives. In addition, WHC offers a range of products and services to Academics.