Finsch Diamond Mine is located in the town of Lime Acres, which is situated 160km north west of Kimberley and 109km south of Kuruman in the Northern Cape.
Information and Communication Technology Support Officer
4-year Fixed Term Contract for Mining Expansion Project
Job Reference Nr: FIN468
Job Grade: C2
Closing: 19 April 2022
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Information & Communication Technology Service & Support Coordinator, the role will be responsible for the integrity of data and to provide general Information & Communication Technology (ICT) assistance to end-users at the operation.
The position is required for the Mining Expansion Project.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all ICT reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules.
- Install and configure ICT equipment and software (Including desktops, laptops, Data projectors, VC Equipment, applications etc.).
- Maintain desktops and laptops.
- Provide support on hardware and software (Including desktops, laptops, data projectors, VC equipment, applications etc.).
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all reported issues.
- Provide first level network support: Troubleshooting and resolving of any issues with the networking infrastructure on mine and to escalate if necessary.
- Install network devices including wireless and network cabling.
- Add and set new users up on the system.
- Access the Help Desk to record, accept or resolve all ICT calls that has been logged.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing of all reported issues on the helpdesk.
- Responsible to perform server maintenance.
- Provide subject matter expertise and skills in area of responsibility; advising on solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the department/section.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system within the operation.
- Take cognisance of and adhere to Company policies, procedures and relevant legislation. Manage and report on non-compliance issues.
- Model behaviour that is consistent with the Company Safety, Health and Environment Vision and Values. Manage and report on non-compliance issues.
- Effective Team Player and Effective Self Management.
- Grade 12.
- A+ Certification.
- N+ Certification.
- MCSE Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Qualification / MCSA Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with data management and general hardware and software support.
- Knowledge and skills with Wireless Networking (please indicate on CV).
- Systems skills on Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced)
- Valid driver’s license.
- Diploma in an ICT related field
OTHER SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
- Create an account for the user by using the applicable application.
- Demonstrate an advance understanding of TCPIP protocols.
- Trouble shoot software related problems.
- Support hardware and software platforms adopted by the Company.
- Apply the incident management procedure.
- Troubleshoot network related problems.
- Planning and Organising; Decision Making; Earning Trust; Communication; Continuous Improvement; Safety Focus; Customer Orientation; Valuing Differences; Initiating Action; Managing Relationships
- Hardware Support
- Software Support
- Network Support
- Server maintenance
- Wireless Networking
- Data management
- PC installation
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Systems / Network Administration
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
Finsch Diamond Mine is an equal opportunity employer. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Plan and internal candidates. Pre-screening, profile testing, assessments, medical and security clearance form part of the recruitment and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to the aforementioned criteria. Preference will be given to candidates who reside within our host labour sending area of Kgatelopele (proof of residence may be requested).
Please submit CV and supporting documents by 19 April 2022.
Please note, applications must be sent to the correct e-mail as indicated. Incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Petra Diamonds reserves the right not to fill this position.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately to your local SAPS.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Company accommodation
- Pension Fund
- Medical Aid