Scrum Master II
Cape Town – On Site
Contract – 12 months
Possibly extended for 2 years depending on performance
R420 – R550 / Hour
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To be accountable for removing impediments to the ability of the team to deliver the product goals and deliverables, to act as a buffer between the team and any distracting influences.
The Scrum Master ensures that the Scrum process is used as intended. Must be able to enforce the rules of Scrum, often chairs key meetings, and challenges the team to improve.
Please send a CV to [Email Address Removed]ca
Ability to play multiple roles either as a Scrum Master on Agile scrum teams or can be flexible to play the role of project management in a traditional project environment depending on the need
- Focus on delivering fully tested, independent, valuable small features across the mobile channels
- The ability to work within a team and provide mentorship and lead digital agencies
- The ability to manage multiple scrum projects working towards the business objectives.
Responsible for enacting Scrum values and practices
- Build-in instability – the ability to challenge the team in accomplishing the business objectives.
- Self organizing project teams – manage the core principals of SCRUM:
- Teams autonomy.
- Self-transcendence in pushing to achieve the objectives and constantly improve their practices.
- Cross-fertilization of the necessary disciplines across the teams.
- Overlapping development phases – help implementing the product definition, understand and provide feedback on the user experience and user interface.
- Organizational transfer of learning – foster adoption of successful processes by assigning experienced team members to new projects as existing projects are completed.
- Apply Agile best practice within the work environment.
- Ensuring a team’s ability to deliver on its sprint promises remains unobstructed.
- Adhere to scrum process and communication to product owner.
- Removing any impediments that prevent a team from completing the work it has negotiated for a given sprint.
Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions
- To effectively communicate to all stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- To negotiate work for a given sprint.
- Expert in people management
Analysis and investigation
- To compile sprint backlogs and remove any impediments.
- To report back to the product owner on the status of the various projects.
- Perform analysis on completed projects and provide insight into enhancements into the [URL Removed]
- 3-5 years working experience within the IT industry
- 3+ years experience with all aspects of IT projects from business analysis, architectures, system analysis and design through development, testing, implementation, and production support (SDLC).
- 2 years experience in all aspects of
- Agile methodology and SCRUM implementation
- Matric plus applicable tertiary equivalent experience or preferably, an ICT relevant diploma or degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
- MI – Agile Certified Practitioners (ACP)
- PMP certification
- Prince2 Certified (Foundation or Practitioner)
- Scrum Alliance – Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Product Owner
Knowledge and Skills
- Presentations skills
- Creative and analytical skills
- Commercial and business understanding of the broader retail industry
- Dynamic personality and the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- Excellent organisation and facilitation skills
- Excellent team-working, interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills – Strategic thinker, people management
- Management skills – organizational, time management, delivery and planning management
- Strong conflict management skills
- Experience with the implementation of SCRUM in an organization
- Scrum Coaching
- Conflict Resolution
- Lean Software Development
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years IT Project Administration / Management
Desired Qualification Level: