JOB OVERVIEW/ROLE PURPOSE
- Manage the overall delivery of projects, from initiation to close-out, to meet the stated business objectives and benefits, in compliance with all relevant Governance, Risk and Audit requirements.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree in Project Management
Experience & Technology Requirements
- 4 – 5 years’ experience managing projects in a diverse environment
- Insurance industry experience
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Relevant MS Project / Project Management software
- Project Management lifecycle, from conception to close-out
- Agile methodology
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Contribute to and coordinate the investigation of the feasibility of projects that support the achievement of business objectives.
- Determine and document the project scope in collaboration with team and stakeholders, to ensure project deliverables and expectations are clearly articulated and aligned to business objectives.
- Determine and document project objectives and measures of success which will be used to evaluate project effectiveness.
- In collaboration with stakeholders develop project plans which identify and sequence the activities and timelines needed to successfully deliver the project objectives.
- Identify and manage dependencies between projects across the business.
- Identify risks and collaborate with stakeholders to manage the mitigation of risks.
- Liaise with various stakeholders to report on overall project progress, risks, issues as per Business Area-specific reporting requirements.
- Liaise with various stakeholders to sign-off minutes for project meetings and workshops.
- Analyse project-related data (issue logs, risk logs, action logs) to enable informed decision-making.
- Oversee and sign-off project plans, resource schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Manage the project close out and the assessment of project effectiveness in order to make recommendations to improve project impact.
- Recommend the implementation of initiatives that address project shortcomings or areas of concern.
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Take ownership for driving career development.
- Contribute to the financial planning process within area / project.
- Identify opportunities to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in the appropriate forum.
- Business acumen
- Presentation skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Facilitation skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Examining Information
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Providing Insights
- Interacting with People
- Establishing Rapport
- Articulating Information
- Meeting Timescales
- Managing Tasks
- Project Manager
- Project Management
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years Investments, Insurance & Assurance
- 5 to 10 years IT Project Administration / Management
Desired Qualification Level: