We are looking for Senior Java Developers that have solid experience in Microservices with Kubernetes/Docker and an understanding of DevOps.
Senior Software Developer
- Work as part of the software engineering team that:
- sets the standards for software coding, testing and quality.
- collaborates closely with the team’s BA’s and PO’s on the efficient transition of Behaviour Driven Development and Swaggers as part of the overall workflow.
- defines the scope, timeline, and goals for the delivery of working software.
- transcribes comprehensive documentation.
- provides support with production cutovers and migrations as required.
- analyses and resolves technical and application problems.
Supporting the Scrum Master
- Participate in and provide support in all scrum related ceremonies.
- Provide clear reporting on the status of the scope, timeline and progress for the delivery of working software.
- Assist in setting up a robust out of hours support process.
- Assist in the prioritisation of bugs and defects.
Providing Guidance and Mentoring
- Participate in peer reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Provide technical guidance to the teams’ software engineers through coaching and mentorship.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth, education and development within the team.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Confidence to express ideas as part of a creative team.
- Excellent communication (written, oral) and interpersonal skills.
- A Self-Starter capable of working under pressure.
- Curious and engaged in Continuous Learning and Professional Development.
- Excellent coding ability.
- Minimum of 7 years hands on experience designing and developing microservices.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience with API concepts and technologies.
- 5-7 years of experience with system integration.
- Experience developing within an agile methodology.
- Experienced in 3-tier, n-tier, cloud computing, microservices architectures and Service Oriented Architecture.
- A senior Developer with 7+ years experience with the following skills:
- Atlassian Suite: Jira, Confluence.
- Microservices with Spring-boot / Java 8+.
- Openshift / Kubernetes / Docker.
- Understanding of API gateways.
- OpenAPI (Swagger) specification.
- Understanding of networking concepts.
- Integration into backends via various protocols (SOAP, REST, YAML etc).
- CI/CD (Jenkins, pipelines etc).
The following additional skills would be advantageous:
- Spring reactive
- Pivotal Kubernetes
- Azure Pipelines
- Data Modelling
For more information, please contact [Email Address Removed]