Autolab, a division of the South African Sugar Association, has a permanent vacancy for a Senior Systems Developer (Software Developer / C# / LIMS) based in Mount Edgecombe, KZN.
Autolab’s development team builds products for the exchange and management of laboratory and weighbridge information. The internationally recognized LIMS package they use allows for development in C# to deliver first-rate software products to customers across many locations. As a small specialist department, they pride themselves on being able to couple technical excellence in software engineering with a strong understanding of customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement software using C#, HTML, CSS, TypeScript, VGL, and ASP.Net under the direction of the Autolab Manager.
- Provide network, application, Oracle database, and operating system support to end-users.
Education and Experience:
Seeking a highly motivated individual, able to work effectively within a team, in a dynamic and challenging business environment, who has:
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems
- C#, HTML, CSS, Typescript
- ASP.NET Framework and ASP.NET CORE (MVC)
- Experience in any of the current SQL database management systems, preferably Oracle
- Expertise in Object-Oriented Design, Database Design, and XML Schema
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of serial communications protocols and linking serial devices into computer systems will be an advantage
- An endorsement free code 08 driver’s license.
Market related plus benefits
Benefits of being part of the Autolab/SASA team:
- Work in close collaboration with the rest of their highly skilled team
- Learn from other talented developers
- Exposure to desktop applications, portals, databases
- Autolab builds careers around successful candidates’ talent – this is not just a job
- Friendly, caring atmosphere, an on-site canteen, Virgin Active in close proximity
- Autolab builds products, they are not an internal IT department
- Formal software engineering best practices.
Please provide comprehensive information when submitting your CV as this will assist with the short-listing process. If possible, indicate you current total guaranteed remuneration package and any variable benefits.
Autolab will contact applicants who appear to best fit their requirements with a request that they provide a more detailed CV and furnish copies of their academic records.
Aspects of SASA’s Recruitment Policy applicable to this Vacancy
SASA recognizes the need for employers in South Africa to contribute to transformation through active support for the provisions of the Employment Equity Act and Black Economic Empowerment legislation and recognizes the high level of unemployment in our country.
Accordingly, the first priority is the provision of employment opportunities to South African nationals. Applications for employment by foreign nationals are considered only in the event that a comprehensive recruitment process has failed to result in the appointment of a suitable South African candidate.
- Software Developer
- Computer Science