A Multinational Training company is expanding and been one of the fastest growing tech areas globally. offices in Sweden Brazil and Germany
A platform for training with customers and users worldwide. The platform is international (21 languages and users in 25 countries) and is used by a wide range of customers – from large multinational companies, to small training companies. We are facing a modernization of the product and infrastructure and have a number of interesting decisions and challenges ahead of us.
We seek a RAILS DEVELOPER with sound solid web development experience in Ruby or other languages for example Python , C# or JS. to join their team to hash out new, clever solutions for the product.
You will be part of a team of 10 responsible for the technical design and development of the platform Together with your team, you have responsibility for the entire platform, from infrastructure through to Rails and the front end. There is of course room to specialise in the aspect you find most interesting.
Own transport with a valid driver’s license and a home based office with good internet connection is essential, as will work remotely and times going to the office .
Must be a South African citizen residing in in Johannesburg .
- Have a strong ambition to work as a lead developer
- Have a good understanding of the technologies that form the basis for web applications
- Are an efficient Git user
- Are solution-oriented and pragmatic
- Have an ability to understand the overall picture/end product
- Own your work tasks from start to finish, have your own drive and are self-motivated
- Constantly want to learn more and strive to become better in your role
- Have a good ability to communicate and proactively improve working methods and code
- Prefer to work in the office but also enjoy working with a distributed team
- Need to have solid technical background in other languages
- Understanding of web applications architecture
- Enjoy what you are doing
- Experience with Linux is helpful
- Agile methodology
You will have the opportunity to:
- Develop and maintain a large, ambitions platform based on Ruby on Rails in the product field used worldwide
- Experience first hand how your work impacts the end user
- Take initiative and shape the technical vision of the platform
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level: