Psybergate is an IT company that builds bespoke software solutions and provides specialised resourcing for client projects.
We are looking for a JAVA Developer to join our financial services client based in Sandton.
What you will be doing:
- To develop and codify application and software solutions that are bespoke, innovative and sustainable
- Engage with the macro-environment to look for new opportunities, capabilities and trends that would add value to the required development work
- Suggest changes in executing work processes to better drive value and benefits for the business
- Prepare and share recommendations for process and systems improvements in relevant area of accountability
- Actively participate in team, cross-discipline and vendor-driven collaboration sessions or forums to increase understanding of the working environment (current and planned)
- Consolidate and prepare solution design documentation
- Apply standards and governance in such a way as to develop the best fit solution for business
- Coordinate and apply various coding efforts
- Collate data on coding progress achieved
- Address and develop solutions to problems and risks arising from coding efforts
- Design relevant test scripts/ test cases to best determine system readiness and usability
What we are looking for:
- Completed IT/BSc degree or other related fields
- 5 years experience in Java Development
- Corporate and investment banking (FX) domain (preferred)
- Coding for security best practice
- Agile/DevOps principles and applications
What Technologies you will use:
- Java EE
- SQL (DB/2 SQL preferred) experience
- Docker, JMS and TIBCO experience would be an advantage
Please note that if you do not hear from us within 3 weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that most of our positions are remote however candidates should be residing within the traveling distance as circumstance of the opportunity can change.
- Java EE