My client based in Cape Town (North) is currently looking for a Junior Scrum Master to join them on an independent contract basis (12 months)
Financial Services, Cape Town, IT & Business, Hybrid work model
A challenging opportunity awaits a self-starter with a lot of initiative and a high level of integrity. The Junior Scrum Master provides a link between the product owner and the development team and is responsible for facilitating the delivery process as per the various Agile methodologies.
In this role, some of the key responsibilities will be to:
- Facilitate and maximize team productivity by supporting the agile team(s) as a Junior Scrum Master and helping / enabling them to grow and develop as a high-performance team
- Work closely with Platform Owners to track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Identify and address any issues that may affect the team’s morale and productivity in order to reach goals and objectives.
- Support team to be self-sufficient by creating a self-organizing team
- Conduct accurate capacity planning
- Report on team progress on each objective/deliverable through defined metrics
- Communicate effectively within the agile team and to stakeholders and maintain full transparency
- Assist product owner and other team members in refining backlog and ensuring a steady stream of work is available for the team
- Organise and assist with facilitating daily stand-up meetings, sprint review and retrospective meetings, sprint and release planning meetings, demos and any other Agile-related tasks that is required for the successful execution of this Agile development methodology.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key business users, colleagues and support bodies in order to provide a professional customer service approach
- Work positively and communicate professionally across teams in order to make an effective contribution to team tasks and team spirit
- Grade 12
- Certified Scrum Master / Scrum Practitioner qualification will be advantageous
- Experience working in an Agile environment (1-2 years)
- Exposure to IT operations and delivery of Technical systems (very advantageous)
- Self-Starter: ability to identify and own a deliverable/challenge
- Customer Service: ability to meet and strive to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by producing quality work and service
- Drive for Results: able to go the ‘extra mile’ to achieve tasks, objectives and targets.
- Demonstrates good attention to detail across all areas of work
- Teamwork: able to work together with colleagues to pool skills, ideas and resources to achieve objectives and resolve problems
- Initiative and Problem Solving: able to take ownership of area, accepts issues and follow up with actions to rectify
- Planning and Organising: able to work to important deadlines and manage time effectively
Interpersonal savvy – Contributing through others
Decision quality – Contributing through others
Plans and aligns – Contributing through others
Optimises work processes – Contributing through others
Cultivates innovation – Contributing through others
Customer focus – Contributing through others
Drives results – Contributing through others
Collaborates – Contributing through others
Being resilient – Contributing through others
Credit checks will be required and requested at a later stage.
- scrum master
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level:
- Grade 12 / Matric