ENSURE the optimal functioning of databases as you install, configure, performance tune, optimize and maintain systems on the SQL Server and MySQL platforms both on premise and in AWS as your technical expertise as a Senior SQL Database Administrator is sought by a dynamic eCommerce Platform. You will require a suitable 3-year IT Degree/Diploma, have at least 10 years’ experience in a similar role with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience with multiple technology platforms, solid communication skills, can work well within a team and cross teams and possess a desire for continued learning and improvement.
Database Administration –
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast query response to front-end users.
- Continuously consider both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-user.
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the POPI Act.
- Tune T-SQL queries to improve performance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the following problems: Database Integrity, Performance Blocking and Deadlocking, Replication, Log Shipping, Connectivity and Security Problems.
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, maintain, perform and test database backup and recovery strategies and procedures.
- Ensure that storage, achiving,back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Monitor database capacity.
- Provide proactive performance monitoring and capacity planning for future database and server growth.
- Monitor capacity and performance, troubleshooting, and proactively resolving a wide variety of problems.
- Maintenance and monitoring of MSSQL and MySQL environments.
- Monitor and complete all DBA related Service Desk calls.
Improve business efficiency –
- Develop and maintain best practices database documentation.
- Research and evaluate new databases trends and technologies and provide best practices and recommendations.
- A relevant 3-year Information Technology Degree/Diploma.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Have worked with multiple technology platforms.
- Strong troubleshooting.
Keep innovating – Have the courage to contribute new ideas and turn those ideas into reality.
Think like an Entrepreneur – Treat the business like it’s your own.
Keep it real – Mindful of the impact of your words and actions.
Raise the bar – Strive to deliver excellence in everything you do.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.