Our client, a South African Head Office, based in Durban, is looking for a strong Analyst Programmer to join their team on a contract basis. The environment is project orientated and there is a lot of work planned for the next few years! Strong analysis and programming skills as well as full SDLC experience are what is required in this role!
A development background is required as the role requires the ability to do analysis around business requirements and then develop the solutions based on these.
Main responsibilities include taking functional specs and translating them into technical specs for yourself and other Developers to work from.
Strong understanding of the shipping/logistics/export-imports industry and related business processes is an advantage!
- BSC or BComm IT degree
- Five years minimum commercial experience as an Analyst Programmer
- Ability (and experience with) to translate functional requirements into technical specifications
- Experience and understanding in the Transport/Logistics/Shipping industries.
- Full SDLC experience
A. SKILL SET SHOULD INCLUDE:
3. Database creation, database management, and stored procedures.
4. Ability to use SQL scripting efficiently.
5. Understanding of database inter-connectivity using web service calls will be advantage.
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
7. SQL Server Reporting Services.
8. Proficient with version control systems (SVN, TFS, git)
B. SOFTWARE PLATFORM INCLUDES:
1. Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2008R2 – soon to be upgraded
2. Visual Studio version 2010 & [Phone Number Removed];. Windows Forms
4. MVC for web development.
5. Team Foundation Server
Other software platforms supported and hosted by the IT team include Oracle and Oracle Forms, Accel/Unify, Unix and IBM Aix.
Project-orientated busy development environment! Durban based role.
- Systems Analyst
- Analyst Programmer
- Senior Analyst